• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Console bracket help needed

Bighouse

Local time
5:33 PM
Reaction score
Hi everyone- I’m needing some measurements of the front and rear floor pan console brackets for a 1969 Charger or B-Body.
I have the center shifter bracket and would like to just fabricate the 2 smaller ones. They look like simple flat bar bent.
Even a good picture with a ruler would be great.
Unless someone’s got 2 they want to sell.

Thanks!

Found what I needed the 2 are on the way! Thanks for the pic links- I’ll be using them

Google is not your friend, man.

SST 225.JPG

SST 231.JPG

SST 347-1.JPG

SST 354.JPG

How does the console attach to the very front bracket?

The console body attaches to this bracket on the left side to this screw hole:

SST 354_LI.jpg

I am sorry thought he was welding them in,my bad.

I am going to weld them in. Those pics are a help. I’m going to hook the shifter up and assemble the console to the brackets and set it all in place before I tack them.
I’m still not entirely understanding the front bracket and the mount on the left. All I have is a large oval hole in the console where it would screw to the bracket in Kerns pic above (post #7)
Am I missing something?

The front of the console in my car only attached to the left side of that bracket.
In the picture below, I'm pointing to the console where it attaches. This picture is after modifying my tunnel for the 5 speed but the console attaches in a similar manner even though I made a replacement bracket.

SST 357_LI.jpg

It mount right in front of the door 2 screws and 2 in the very back. I believe 1 in the very front .

Auto Transport Service
Back