• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

console/bucket seat restoration advice

Krunk

Local time
4:18 PM
Reaction score
Anyone have a good recomendation on sending out a center console and some buckets from a 63 Dodge Polara to be restored?
Aside from the usual Google search figured I'd ask on here for some experience.

I sent my center console to a company in Washington, I will have to pull the receipt at my office to get the name. They did my dash peice and center, Very nice job but not cheap. For both it was like $950. I got seat covers from legendary and had a local guy put them on. Let me know if you want the name.

yep

absolutely - may need to have the seats re-done (frame/mech/etc) they are in pretty bad looking shape, saw the covers from legendary, and will probably go that route... but need to get them restored first.
thanks for the info...

you can send it to [email protected] if that is easier

vr,
Dan

seat resto

absolutely - may need to have the seats re-done (frame/mech/etc) they are in pretty bad looking shape, saw the covers from legendary, and will probably go that route... but need to get them restored first.
thanks for the info...

If your planning on having your seats restored..... Legendary offers the complete job fron disassembly, blasting, refinish, padding and covers.

thanks for the info...

you can send it to [email protected] if that is easier

vr,
Dan

Sent you info on Dashboard Restorations USA where I had my console done...

Legendary covers are GREAT most probably the best reproduction covers on the market. We sent a 1970 GTO Judge dash pad to a place named "Just Dashes" they did an excellent job, but it took way to long and was way over priced. I should have done it myself.

We take the broken plastic pieces of a console and fiber glass them back together and then cover them in the same type fabric as the rest of the interior. They usually look fantastic although not original. We also do all the other seat rebuild and repairs. We can usually save any seat.

I should also add if your car is not 100% original then I like to see these cars as well as any that are not original have an upgraded interior (custom). The interior fabrics and products manufactured today are in my opinion far superior to what was actually installed from the factory many years ago. As years pass by more and more people will not be able to distinguish between what is proper and what is not. I go to the car shows and see a fantastic looking car with a blower sticking out of a hole in the hood only to look inside to see some cheep black vinyl interior that ruins the moment (mega disappointment). Every car can be original only one time and then after that it has been restored or modified. If you've added disc brakes and an overdrive transmission or a larger engine then you might as well add a cool looking upgraded interior.

That is just my opinion. We still do all the above right here in the great state of Alabama.

Auto Transport Service
Back