• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Console Hut Nut

Yennes

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:36 PM
Reaction score
Hi FBBO!

Does someone know how these nuts were called? I can not find them in the internet by their name. I only find them in screw kits for the 68-70 B Body console. And in these kits they were only called as „console lid nuts“, what unfortunately is not helping me.

Thank you!

422CB70B-296B-4023-A767-122D26DBFBDD.jpeg

Kind of a form of acorn nuts to me but I’m not sure that’s an accurate reference.

I prefer a regular thread cap nut. I find the die that fits the stud. Get it started and get a couple threads cut the die will bottom out quickly. Then flip the die over and you can get 2 or 3 more threads. Most hardware stores will have cap nuts. The tin bastards as I call them strip, will not hold tight. They are a kids toy nut.

Last edited:
I prefer a regular thread cap nut. I find the die that fits the stud. Get it started and get a couple threads cut the die will bottom out quickly. Then flip the die over and you can get 2 or 3 more threads. Most hardware stores will have cap nuts. The tin bastards as I call them strip, will not hold tight. They are a kids to nut.
Yes I already thought that they would not hold the lid. I sae so many console lids that were customised with a normal thread. I have 3 lids and 2 of them are customised. Only one has the original pin.

Auto Transport Service
Back