• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Console light lenses

Sinister69

Local time
9:29 AM
Reaction score
I am putting my console together and I am trying to put the plastic lenses into the chrome light holders..It appears as though they simply push down into the holes but it isn't happening..I have made the holes slightly bigger with a small drill bit but the tabs still wont push in

Send a photo, the lenses I've bought haven't run across this gremlin as yet.

I had some issues also. I do not remember exactly what I did. Those pins are brittle and I think they may only fit one way. Measure the diameter of the pin to the holes you are enlarging. Even if you get them to big a dab of silicone or epoxy will keep them in.

I think I will have to try and widen the holes even more as they still wont push through

AirBrush_20230602204342.jpg

AirBrush_20230602204435.jpg

Had fun with all sorts of re-pop parts not assembling nicely. In a few cases when it didn’t fit at all, thinking of the wind lace I ordered. Here’s a couple examples: I'd probably open the holes up or try to gently deburr the pins if the plastic is pliable. Joys of auto-resto.

20170503_083506.jpg

20170504_184712.jpg

20170531_073710.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back