• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Console Mounted Performance Vacuum Indicator

Larry4261

Local time
6:16 PM
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to bench test this unit to check to see if the light works.
Thanks

3r8mUJ3QHaJ4?w=115&h=180&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.7&pid=1.jpg

Should be just power to one wire and a ground on the other. commonly black ground and the other power.

Should be just power to one wire and a ground on the other. commonly black ground and the other power.
Thanks for the update. Thats what I thought, just didn't know if there was some weird special way to test the piece and wanted to avoid any damage that may be caused by testing it this way. I'll give it a try.

The light is the only thing in it that requires power. +12V to pink, orange or red, and ground to the other, black. To test the gauge just hook to a vacuum source.

The light is the only thing in it that requires power. +12V to pink, orange or red, and ground to the other, black. To test the gauge just hook to a vacuum source.
There are only 2 wires coming out of the gauge, Orange and Black. +12v to Orange and Ground black?
One other quick question, do you know if you can bench test a 4 wire console tach with the built in sending unit to see if its functional? I know how to test the 3 wire Console Tach with the external sending unit by using a D Cell battery. An response would be appreciated

There are only 2 wires coming out of the gauge, Orange and Black. +12v to Orange and Ground black?
One other quick question, do you know if you can bench test a 4 wire console tach with the built in sending unit to see if its functional? I know how to test the 3 wire Console Tach with the external sending unit by using a D Cell battery. An response would be appreciated
OK, I didn't know exactly what color wire was with the black wire. Yes, 12V to the orange and ground to black.
I have converted several 66-67 tach's with the RTE updated circuit board and bought their testing kit which uses a 9V battery to calibrate and test. All my original tach's were sent out for repair when needed.

One other quick question, do you know if you can bench test a 4 wire console tach with the built inWThansending unit to see if its functional? I know how to test the 3 wire Console Tach with the external sending unit by using a D Cell battery. An response would be appreciated
OK, I didn't know exactly what color wire was with the black wire. Yes, 12V to the orange and ground to black.
I have converted several 66-67 tach's with the RTE updated circuit board and bought their testing kit which uses a 9V battery to calibrate and test. All my original tach's were sent out for repair when needed.
Thanks for sharing your knowledge

Auto Transport Service
Back