• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Console paint

patrick66

Local time
8:24 AM
Reaction score
I have a very nice '66-only two-piece console for my '66 Coronet, which presently has the '67 - up one-piece unit. The '66 console is that light gold color, but I need to paint it the CORRECT shade and sheen of black. What is the factory black that is used on consoles, and does anyone know of a source for it?

SEM makes some nice stuff too. I think I used their Landeau black for my interior.

SEM makes some nice stuff too. I think I used their Landeau black for my interior.
What he said is what you need, check around at auto paint shops. Might even want to check SEM's site as they may have a locator feature. Good Luck

Thanks, guys! I've had the '67-'70 console in the car for a number of years, after a girl I dated back in the day broke the "butt" on the original console back by putting her full weight on her hand as she went to move across the car! And she was a little thing, too, maybe 120#! Her response - "It's just an old car, what's the big deal?" Took her to her house and never saw her again!

Auto Transport Service
Back