• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Contemplating a new engine conversion

Thinking about going with the look of this treatment on the hood and possibly the black treatment on the lower body ......

1663531015143.png

I appreciate all of the replies, but I won't be doing a new engine conversion. This one-owner original slant six Barracuda was just delivered to me today from Las Vegas ....

View attachment 1344796

View attachment 1344797

View attachment 1344798

View attachment 1344799

View attachment 1344800

It's now got a 5.7 crate engine, a crate 5-speed automatic transmission, coil-over front suspension, rack & pinion steering, air conditioning, Ford 9" rear end & air conditioning. This car was originally sold about a half hour from me in Massachusetts and all the work was done in RI. In 2015 the original owner wanted the car done over and upgraded with a modern drivetrain & suspension, yet still have the look as when they bought it new in 1969 with whitewalls, hubcaps and single exhaust. He didn't care what it cost him ....that's what he wanted. The couple would winter in Nevada and eventually they moved permanently out there. I guess they put about 12-15,000 miles on the new drivetrain before the husband died. The wife sold it to a dealership out there, which is where i found it.

My plans are to change the wheels & tires & a few other things to personalize it to suite me.
I'd like to see more of this. Can you show the hoses and front on the engine?

I appreciate all of the replies, but I won't be doing a new engine conversion. This one-owner original slant six Barracuda was just delivered to me today from Las Vegas ....

View attachment 1344796

View attachment 1344797

View attachment 1344798

View attachment 1344799

View attachment 1344800

It's now got a 5.7 crate engine, a crate 5-speed automatic transmission, coil-over front suspension, rack & pinion steering, air conditioning, Ford 9" rear end & air conditioning. This car was originally sold about a half hour from me in Massachusetts and all the work was done in RI. In 2015 the original owner wanted the car done over and upgraded with a modern drivetrain & suspension, yet still have the look as when they bought it new in 1969 with whitewalls, hubcaps and single exhaust. He didn't care what it cost him ....that's what he wanted. The couple would winter in Nevada and eventually they moved permanently out there. I guess they put about 12-15,000 miles on the new drivetrain before the husband died. The wife sold it to a dealership out there, which is where i found it.

My plans are to change the wheels & tires & a few other things to personalize it to suite me.
What a great looking car......should be lots of fun to drive that one Mark. :thumbsup:

What a great looking car......should be lots of fun to drive that one Mark. :thumbsup:

A fun old car with a modern drive train that I can cruise all day in is what I’ve been hankering for. I have four Bbodies, three of which are survivors and I like them all but I don’t want to drive them far.

View attachment 1344796

View attachment 1344797

View attachment 1344798

View attachment 1344799

View attachment 1344800

I like it... :thumbsup:

Looks like it was very well done. Nice. The 69 Cuda graphics would fit well.

Very Nice Mark. Yes, please ditch the current wheels. lol Congrats!

Thanks and most definitely.

The only downside to the modern front suspension is that 17" wheels had to be used. The tie rod end is very close to the outside diameter of the rim.

Well Mark, finally one you can drive and not worry about wearing out. Looks great to me!! Congratulations on picking a good one. I love the look of the front ends on those!! I'll trade you some furniture for it!! LOL. Let The Horses Run..... Be safe. Ulli

Always liked the notchback barracuda's. Any idea wheel/tire combo? The hemi looks at home in that engine bay.

The Year One 17" Magnum 500's would look pretty good on it.

Thinking about going with the look of this treatment on the hood and possibly the black treatment on the lower body ......

View attachment 1344821
I wouldn't just be thinking about it, it would be getting done. What a difference compared to what it looks like now. Would be a great winter project for you.

Love the Notchbacks. Y2 too. This is my pals 68 ragtop. Picture is old, looks better today. This was in LA years ago. Original /6. Put in a modern fi 5.9 Magnum. He beat a Hellcat in an 1/8 mile drag race at Willow Springs. It’s fast and light. Handles good too. Great road car. Lots of fun running through Hollywood with the top down. We traded cars in the mountains near Ojai. What a difference the weight loss makes compared to my B Body.

0B9F92C9-1D12-4121-AF37-5E2DBE8F6CB2.png

Auto Transport Service
Back