• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Contemplating a new engine conversion

I wouldn't just be thinking about it, it would be getting done. What a difference compared to what it looks like now. Would be a great winter project for you.

This week, I'm going to mock up one side with black construction paper and an electrical tape stripe to see how it looks on this car.

Here's the reason for 17" wheels. I don't know if it's kosher to shorten that spacer .....

IMG_6300.jpg

As light as the car color is, I prefer a little darker wheel. More contrast.

I've had a couple flavors of them, the classic colored center is best imo

I still think those wheels look like a restomods 17 inch version of the originals from back in the day.
1663685553431.png

1663685624984.png

Here's the reason for 17" wheels. I don't know if it's kosher to shorten that spacer .....

View attachment 1345006

If you shorten that spacer it would angle that tie rod upward toward the end. That could create a bump-steer condition as the car goes down the road.
Ideally you want your tie rods level as can be at ride height to keep the distance lost during its travel arc as low as possible. There’s a lot more to it than that too, control arm travel and such but that’s the condensed reason.

That small cars gotta be a blast to drive with the newer engine.

Got the lower body treatment done. Got to locate a pair of Cuda hood scoops so I can get the stripes on the hood.

87E5971D-8ED4-4BF8-84AA-3BDE30F64D49.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back