• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

converting a 4 door to a 2 door

Where do you guys peg the value on these after the conversion, assuming it's done correctly, and only the door conversion, not an AWB? Halfway between a true post car and a sedan?

Where do you guys peg the value on these after the conversion, assuming it's done correctly, and only the door conversion, not an AWB? Halfway between a true post car and a sedan?

No matter which way you slice it it's not original (if you're into that sort of thing) and it's quite a bit of work. Not to mention that you have to sacrifice another scarce Mopar. Who's to say what sort of value you can place on it when it's done but even the most pristine four door only seems to warrant $6000.00

4 dr to 2 dr conversion

ive been looking around at some 63 belvederes for sale found a few 2 doors but the ones ive found have been full of rust to the point of no return but ive found a few 4 doors that have been super nice clean cars now i know this sort of project has been done a few times but i would like to know if anybody here has ever done this before cause iam seriously thinking of having to go forward and do it with the help of a good body person/freind i have a 63 4 speed car but the frame is messed up bad its been hit rather hard up front plus its loaded with rust in the floors but it still has the pedals and the 4 speed trans floor hump and the doors are good. we were talkin about it and swapped ideas on how to do it but its always better to have some good pics from someone that has already been there done that. so if anybody here has done this sort of project please let me know and send some pics.

superstock

I am going to do a 64 Belvedere 4 dr to 2 dr sdn and I have done a lot of research and picture taking in the last 4 years.There are some variables and they are not thought about til they run into trouble.I can tell you what will interchange doors,glass,regulators,etc.I am have gathered sdn doors that are only good for donor parts glass,upper door frames,and all the inside parts.

Here is a site on B bodies.
http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/showthread.php?t=26525

Will help answer questions
Jeff

Here is the scoop..courtesy of Mopar Muscle Jan. 2007.

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

A very nice job well done and opinions are like (well ) and everyone has one.
Make what you like it is your choice and production on 2 dr sdn,s are not that high anyway.If it is done in a professional manner, I don't have problem with it.The 62 Savoy looks like an original to me.

Jeff

What's the value of a /6 2dr post car to start with? I've had mine for nearly 25 years and don't plan to sell it so to me, it's worth the work since I hate 4 doors so much lol. Luckily, mine came to me as a 2dr post originally and was in excellent shape.

shave the rear handles and go with poppers.

Actually, mcg was the first to run an article on the conversion, a guy named mike Wiley was doing it 10+ years ago.

If you end up needing 2 door hard top b pillars ive got a pair of nice ones.

There is a guy in Derby Kansas that will do the conversion... It looks factory when he is done. All he needs is the doors and sedan/post part of the 2 dr sedan donor car. Last I knew, he charged $4500 to do the conversion. PM me if you want his name and number. He did a friend of mine's 64 Savoy, and it looks great!

Last edited:
I have a 64 Savoy parts car up for sale. Either a die hard restoration or parts for a 4 to 2 door conversion.

Go for it. Its not hard to do.

Attachments

• 65 shock tower 010.jpg
    65 shock tower 010.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 562
  • 65 shock tower 009.jpg
    65 shock tower 009.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 595
  • 65 shock tower 006.jpg
    65 shock tower 006.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 576
conversion

moparman

Very nice work!!!!:sFl_america2:

I am planning to do the same on a 64 Belvedere.

Jeff

Here's a photo of a 64 fury 4dr that I did 10 years ago , it's now a 64 2dr savoy.

Attachments

• DSCF0008.jpg
    DSCF0008.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 589
  • DSCF0006.jpg
    DSCF0006.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 579
  • 4-2222.jpg
    4-2222.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 587
  • 4-22.jpg
    4-22.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 571
I have a nice pair of sedan doors for sale in the classifieds and will be cutting the B piller out of a 2dr. sedan this winter .

There is a guy in Derby Kansas that will do the conversion... It looks factory when he is done. All he needs is the doors and sedan/post part of the 2 dr sedan donor car. Last I knew, he charged $4500 to do the conversion. PM me if you want his name and number. He did a friend of mine's 64 Savoy, and it looks great!

I'd do it for less than that and the result is...well...

IMG_1860.jpg

wicked.

Show off!! lol!!

Auto Transport Service
Back