• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

converting a 4 door to a 2 door

Oh, I love it!!!

WOW This is truly bad ***, I'm looking @ 63 four door for $1500.00 obo Running, no rust, not sure if its worth trying to converting it, i would have to hire somebody to do all the work and it would probably cost like $2500.00 plus parts.

Here's mine that I did. Pretty straight forward honestly. If you have a 2dr and 4dr side by side without interior you can see exactly what I mean.

Making one a 2dr ht would even be easier.

I had tons of pics but lost them on my other computer.

Making a four-door sedan into a 2dr hardtop requires changing the entire roof!

- - - Updated - - -

Here's mine, started as a four door. Converted to a two door and given the 10/15 altered wheelbase treatment. 0006.jpg

:headbang:looking pretty good :headbang:

make sure you get the right doors 63 doors are not the same as 64 and 65 doors bob

So now I'm wondering if this would work on later (66-70) B bodies? According to my 1969 FSM the wheelbases are the same except for wagons (116" vs 117"). Or would you have to reproduce the bracing inside the quarter from the B pillar back?

On a 66-7 B-body, the same applies. Two door sedans use the same roof as a four-door. You need the post doors, quarter glass, glass frame, regulators, and preferably the quarter panel structure and pillar.

68-70 B-bodies won't work as the two door sedans and hardtops share rooflines, their difference is in the quarter glass. One rolls down, (coupe/hardtop) the other swings out and has a "B" pillar (sedan/post car). Take a look at 68-70 four doors, you'll see it.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, mr. b, when am I going to get a look at that 63? Alabaster, right? -Don
A buddy of mine was at the Norwin cruise the other week and sent me a random video of a 63 leaving... looked like yours.

Im getting ready to do another one this spring. I picked up a beautiful 4dr 62 belvedere and was able to save the doors and quarter sections off a rust bucket 62 savoy (front end broke off at firewall and rear fell apart). Gave $1500 for 4dr and $400 for 2dr sedan parts. Conversion is not hard at all if you have even just basic bodywork experience. Seems scary at first thought but once you look at it, it's just as easy as welding in a patch panel. I first saw this type of conversion done around 1995 at a small country shop outside of Nashville TN. I was cruising looking for projects and spotted a 64 plymouth 2dr sedan. Once looked closer noticed it was a 3dr and blew my mind! Old guy explained and showed me how it was done and then explained he had left this one as a 3dr to mess with people and had been making 2drs for a long time. I bet theres alot more conversions done out there than we know about ;)

Auto Transport Service
Back