• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Converting stock 68 charger seats to power adjust

Pool Fixer

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:33 AM
Reaction score
Here's a twist on the modern seat swap: Has anyone swapped a stock musclecar seat onto power seat tracks from a donor seat? I currently have a set of modern sebring seats in my car but still have my original 68 seats.

I know legandary makes a more modern foam set with bolsters and if they were power it would be the best of both worlds.

In the end it's prob easier to take a modern power seat and recover it but I figured i'd ask.

Since we are talking about seats, is there any lower cost alternative for 68 headrests? the mounting kit to convert seems semi reasonable but the headrests themselves seem pretty excessive. Check my math here but If I wanted to recover just my front buckets, with new foam, and add headrests, it's something like $1600.00 in materials alone! I'm thinking it's 2500 by the time you bring all your stuff to the man and get them back.

I never got an answer but I’ve ordered new legendary rally bucket seat foam/cover kit and also kit to convert to headrests for my 68 charger seats. Whether I can convert them to power or not remains to be seen.

For now I can at least shim a little when I mount them to raise the front up a bit m

fyi, nice 231 day production time from legedary that isn't stated at all up front when you order. I knew it was coming from reading posts about it but that's kind of a shitty thing to do.

I was looking at that same kit from Legendary, but if it's going to be nearly a year to get them, I guess I can do without.

From what I could see, the power seat brackets were totally different vs manual tracks.....

Know you ordered seats already but @INTMD8 has a really cool set up that looks pretty stock if you ask me out of a Sebring if I’m not mistaken.

Auto Transport Service
Back