• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cool Pikes Peak Live Cam

I pedaled a bike up that bastard in 2015, that was enough for me thanks...

Last edited:
Cog rail is awesome…

IMG_2850.jpeg

IMG_2835.jpeg

We're going to the hill climb next month.

Be prepared to freeze your butt off. 6-23-24. You can go through sun, clouds, rain, snow in one run.

One of my favorite Hill Climb videos:

NOTE:
SOUND DOES OT START UNTIL LIKE 6 MINUTE MARK

I also like watching some of the 90's stuff, Japan fielded some of the most insane power turbo cars, and some factory cars were sponsored by manufacturers, like Ford tried to put it's 95 Cobra R in there without any forced induction. The driver was swearing at it by the finish line as it had lost like 1/3 of it HP lol in the thin air.

Beanhead. I'm impressed with your bike ride. Not only leg muscles but your vital capacity to take in oxygen at 14,000+ feet above sea level. There's a reason the US Olympic Training Center is in CS at 6,000 feet. If you can train to breathe that thin air, everywhere else is a piece of cake. I live at 7,500 feet.

Side note: Nicola Tesla's lab was by the USOTC, not up in the mountains as most think.

Last edited:
Get the donuts at the Summit House.

The donuts are almost everyone’s first order of business the moment they summit Pikes Peak, even more so if they hiked there. Made hot and fresh each day by a donut robot that spits out some 700 donuts per hour—that's more than 6,000 per day, seven days a week—they cost just $1.29 apiece, though it’s rare to see anyone get just one. They are the only donuts produced at an altitude above 14,000 feet anywhere in the world.

Like many of the planet’s marvels that can’t survive outside their native habitat, the Pikes Peak Summit House donuts can only really be consumed at the summit of Pikes Peak. Don’t bother asking someone headed up the mountain to bring you back a few as souvenirs. The recipe—top secret, obviously—is optimized for the high altitude; thinner air means lower air pressure, which means a lower boiling point for water. Try taking the donuts to a lower elevation and they’ll collapse, their fluffiness no more. There is no cheating when it comes to the Pikes Peak donuts.

You want one—the full experience—you gotta make it to the top.

Auto Transport Service
Back