• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coolant through the heater core

heater cores for 1967 are the same inlet and outlet. they changed that in 1970
heater%20hose_zpsggie3z0h.jpg

I beg to differ.

The first thing you do when driving and the engine temperature increases too much is to turn your heater to FULL Hot. That brings the temperature down enough to get to a place of inspection or repair.
As far as the correct way around for the hoses, I don't know about Hemi cars, but all others have two different sizes nipples from what I've seen. So putting them the wrong way around means that someone has used too small a hose on one nipple, and too big a hose on the other. One will likely fall off, and the other could possibly split open.

Might be a good time to get a new Master Mechanic. :rolleyes:

My `66 heater core has the same size nipples. (he-he. We both said nipples):lol:

Non AC, water will flow either way.

Edit: I should add something here at this time, please correct me if I'm wrong.
The B, RB and 426 Hemi water pump are the same item, and the water flows only one way though the water pump and also water flows out the rearward most stub/nipple (outlet) and in the forward most stub/nipple (inlet).
Water flows in the smaller heater core stub (inlet) and out the larger heater core stub (outlet).
Now I do not know at this time if the heater core stub diameters are the same for the 426 Hemi compared to the B&RB motors.

I'd say only one way is correct.

View attachment 357581

The different size heater hoses is a 1970 & later thing. 69 & earlier had two 5/8" hoses & the heater core would work the same no matter which way you hook them up.

I got a new one from Classic for my 70, it fit right in until I went to hook up the hoses and found both inlet and outlet were the same size, grrr. If anybody needs it, let me know, you can have it.

I got a new one from Classic for my 70, it fit right in until I went to hook up the hoses and found both inlet and outlet were the same size, grrr. If anybody needs it, let me know, you can have it.

if you are giving it away, i will take it.

Auto Transport Service
Back