• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cooper Cobra-radial-GT tires

Good tire, Cooper also makes the same tire under the "Mickey Thompson" brand with Mickey Thompson lettering.
Look better and are more period correct. Mickey Thompson started making performance tires in the 60's and were on a lot of cars before the T/A tire was invented.
https://www.mickeythompsontires.com/street-tires/sportsman-s-t
Didn't know that. Are they the exact same except for the lettering? And the price, looks like the Mickey's are more money.

I love mine.
Actually got them to hook up so hard they wrinkled a bit.
Not sure a good idea all the time but it was.
20201224_210123.jpg

I have them and there are no issues. All 4 on my 69 Sport Satellite and rears only on my 65 Belvedere wagon.

Thanks for all the replies. Got the new Cooper GT Radials balanced and mounted today.
Very happy with this tire choice, Look good and run much quieter than the Goodrich TA radials I had for
the past 11 years. Have a nice feel.

IMG_7646.JPG

IMG_7651.JPG

Love mine. Smooth and quiet especially highway driving.

20220408_180725.jpg

I ran a set in the 90's and just put a set on one of my Chargers last month. Personally, I like the the tread appearance better than the BFG, otherwise they are very comparable to the BFG tire. The dimensional sizes run slightly smaller in comparison.

Maybe Goodyear did just buy Cooper? I was in a Goodyear store today and was really surprised to see they had info on Cooper Tires too.
Hey just wanted to update you and all the other guys on here. I work and build tires for Goodyear in Lawton, OK. We did buy out Cooper and all their companies.

Hey just wanted to update you and all the other guys on here. I work and build tires for Goodyear in Lawton, OK. We did buy out Cooper and all their companies.

I'd still buy Goodyear ST's if they made them in the old muscle car sizes. What king of pull do you have around there? :lol:

Local Fleet Farms sell the Cooper brand for many years

Just like everything else , PRICES PRICES PRICES up up up and away

They have been running buy three , get the fourth free for some time now

I'd still buy Goodyear ST's if they made them in the old muscle car sizes. What king of pull do you have around there? :lol:
Unfortunately those babies are long gone and the polyglass. I keep seeing new ones but we certainly arent building them.
If a goodyear tire is built at Lawton Facility it will have a DOT number with M6 on the sidewall. Thats our location number. We barely even build tires with white lettering anymore.

Auto Transport Service
Back