• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Corbin clamps

Ski 61701

Local time
4:36 PM
Reaction score
I know these clamps are questionable, and I have one on my thermostat housing that keeps on weeping on me. Housing is clean and paint free, no major pitting on metal either. I bought the clamp kit from a reputable dealer, but I wonder if there is a known good brand of corbin clamps, if there is such a thing lol. I really dont want to use worm gear style clamps if I dont have to. Any suggestions would appreciated.

That is a neat concept and is what I need. Have you used them before with plain rubber hose? In reading the product description, it says use with silicone hose, not sure why they mention this, but I like the concept. Thanks for sharing

Just did a bunch of googling and it appears you can use them on rubber hoses, and that NAPA is the place to buy them in addition to mail order

Last edited:
I asked about them on this forum, got the thumbs up and bought them. Works great! No leaks.

Have the gatorgrips on the 55 (10+yrs) and the 68 (2+ yrs) not a failure yet

0920162121.jpg

Have you tried any sealer? If you want to keep your Corbin clamps, I would use a little dab of non hardening permatex around the neck where the clamp will be. Silicone sealer doesn't work very well with coolant.

I use trim-adhesive with Corbin clamps. Never had a leak.

Have you tried any sealer? If you want to keep your Corbin clamps, I would use a little dab of non hardening permatex around the neck where the clamp will be. Silicone sealer doesn't work very well with coolant.

No I have not tried any. I was thinking about permatex #2 just a light coating of it on the neck. The gator sleeves are looking good at this point too. Thanks for everyone's insight with this.

The only problem I have ran into in the past with the Corbin clamp kits is they are designed to fit the stock hoses which are thicker than most all of the aftermarket hoses from the parts houses. You can buy the proper size clams at places like McMaster Carr that will fit the hoses and provide more clamping force.

The only problem I have ran into in the past with the Corbin clamp kits is they are designed to fit the stock hoses which are thicker than most all of the aftermarket hoses from the parts houses. You can buy the proper size clams at places like McMaster Carr that will fit the hoses and provide more clamping force.

Thank you for the info, I will check McMaster out

Love the Gates shrink clamps. Clean look but make sure you're done messing with the cooling system as they're not re-usable.

DSCN0480.JPG DSCN0487.JPG DSCN0488.JPG

When servicing these cars since way back, I spread a little Indian head around the perimeter. No comebacks for leaks.

Auto Transport Service
Back