• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coronet 500, Superbee, R/T Differences

are you referring to the indicator being the small circular type and not rectangular as in the 69 or are there more structural differences?

I know the headlight bezels fit in the cavity as I've tried.....but hang on, I didn't test overall width, maybe that's it?

Well I got the pics of the original grill blackout on my 69 R/T but ain't computer savvy enough to post them, so I'll try to describe. No two cars are alike and no 2 plants did things the same way either. Mine has flat black paint on the passenger side that completely covers the radiator support but the fender shield in front of it is body color. The drivers side has radiator support completely covered also but they shot some of the flat black in a fan pattern about 5 inches onto the fender shield. I just think it gives a better look to any car, to not see body color thru the grill, unless you have prehaps a dark blue car where it's not obvious. I completely understand guys that have brand new paint and do not want to cover it with flat black! But the factory did it this way for a reason and with that mean grill....
I'd have to agree with the other posters, a rump stripe either plain or saying 500 would look awesome on your car. But in the end, it's yours, do as you please!

Auto Transport Service
Back