• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coronet Emergency brake dash light ?

jimbosride

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:27 PM
Reaction score
Just wondering why my Coronet did not have this warning light? There was no hole for it when I blasted the dash. I see the owners manual shows it. Would it be the 500 model only not the 440 models? It would be nice to have with a 4speed car?

ebrake.jpg Inkede brake2_LI.jpg

They weren't standard till 67

My 65 Belvedere 2 four door and 64 Dodge 440 have them.

If your car had the optional light package.
That came with a glove box light,trunk light and possible reverse lights.Not sure about the reverse lights.
My 64 Belvedere had all the above EXCEPT the reverse lights. It was a strangely optioned car.

My 1964 Polara has light there. It might have been an option, or part of a package, as some one else suggested. It would be easy enough to add, if you find a parts car with it. There is a switch like the door jam interior light switch on the E-brake pedal assembly. It takes key-on power. You would have to cut a hole in the dash for the indicator light. I find those step drills handy for that type of thing.

My four door 64 Fury parts car has one in the dash
My 64 Sport Fury does not have one

In 1964, the 335 coded Light Package included: Parking-brake Warning Light, Glove-box Light, Trunk Light.
The package was optional on all Dodge and Plymouth B-bodies.
It retailed for $11.85
I don't know if the above applies to the 1965 models.

Sounds like an option per rarefish ..... not sure if I want to drill into a restored dash. Thank you guys for the information.

In 1964, the 335 coded Light Package included: Parking-brake Warning Light, Glove-box Light, Trunk Light.
The package was optional on all Dodge and Plymouth B-bodies.
It retailed for $11.85
I don't know if the above applies to the 1965 models.
Thanks for that info, i've been wondering if this was an light package group option. Strange how some of these cars where optioned. My Polara came with a/c, vinyl top but not a $11.85 light package, lol.

Thanks for that info, i've been wondering if this was an light package group option. Strange how some of these cars where optioned. My Polara came with a/c, vinyl top but not a $11.85 light package, lol.
Factory vinyl top is quite uncommon. It was a mid-year/springtime introduction. I have a colour magazine ad. announcing it. It shows a white with black vinyl top hardtop next to a white convertible with its black convertible top up.

my 65 Coronet 500 has the light. I assume it was original.

Auto Transport Service
Back