• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Correct 1969 Roadrunner hubcaps???

Beepbaker

Local time
12:48 PM
Reaction score
Hello all,
I believe my '69 RR came with full size hubcaps. I have seen two different hubcaps that claim to come on RRs - very similar to each other.
Option #1 has a silver center and the letters look like they are stamped down and painted black.
Option #2 has a painted black center and the letters look like they are stamped up and not painted.
Can someone please tell me which one is correct for my '69 RR?

Option #1
:
upload_2020-1-2_13-24-39.png

Option #2:
upload_2020-1-2_13-24-57.png

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thank you!

Just read a post on another site. He is the original owner of the car and he says the one with the black center is correct. Here is the link to the thread.
https://board.moparts.org/ubbthread...nyone-running-68-69-oe-wheel-covers-pics.html

And a picture of what he posted.
Here is the 1969 hubcap...original off my first RoadRunner that I bought new in 1969. Personally, I think they look great on the car but you don't see too many RoadRunners (really none) show cars with them. I'm glad I saved them. I can use them on my 1969 340S Fastback. Way better than dog dishes and painted wheels.
image.jpg

Options for 69.
69_Belvedere0021.jpg

Availability by model.
69_Belvedere0029.jpg

Is the top cap a 68 maybe? I have seen similar caps on the 68 C bodies before. Maybe the center color and small changes were a year thing from 68 to 69? Just a guess.....

Auto Transport Service
Back