• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Correct 440 valley pan paint color

Well they all had them when new.
Well.... no. I remember coming across it on a job way back then and wondered, what the hell is this, since I hadn't seen it before. Matter o' fact, don't recall seeing it again.

Dont use that engine color chart above, it has too many incorrect entries on it.

some incorrect examples

1962-63/65 all 413 orange (Not single 4bbl)
1966-67 383 HP orange (were turquoise)
1966-67-68 440 HP orange (were turquoise)
1969 340 red (were blue)
I agree, strange chart.

Here are pictures of that heat/sound insulation that I used on my 440. At this point, I had used up all my Turquoise engine paint, so it is "au naturel". I also did not have the sheet metal plates that went on the valley pan hold down straps.

PA150168.JPG

PA150169.JPG

Ok, y'all clarify for us, if an engine DID come with the an insulated pad, did it have for sure both front and/or a rear 'hold in place' sheetmetal shield .

Ok, y'all clarify for us, if an engine DID come with the an insulated pad, did it have for sure both front and/or a rear 'hold in place' sheetmetal shield .

Pulled countless 440's out of Chrysler New Yorkers back in the day, all had the front and rear pads and sheet metal retainers.

Auto Transport Service
Back