• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Correct AC/heater control face plate?

Gary Spaid

Local time
6:41 PM
Reaction score
When I look at it the AC/heater control face plate does line up exactly right. Is this the wrong face plate?

20230903_084950.jpg

Doesn't look like it fits right - the DS is too high. Can’t tell if it's the wrong face plate or something wrong with the mounting boss in the instrument cluster. The face plate should sit square in the cluster.

20230903_092554.jpg

Last edited:
OK, here is pic of DS. Also it seems the fan switch won't fully operate because of this misalignment or is the switch upside down???

20230904_071635.jpg

20230904_071732.jpg

The switch looks correct. The heater control appears to be mounted correctly. The mount bosses for the faceplate in the cluster bezel are cracked, but otherwise look ok - not modified. It kind of looks like the DS faceplate screw was going above the mount boss instead of into it. Not sure how else the plate could be cocked like it was.

The temp slide control on mine tends to push the faceplate up when I'm installing it so maybe the faceplate wasn't aligned with the bosses.

Comparing your 1st pic with mine, it looks like it's the wrong faceplate. Your faceplate has "Warmer" on the side while mine has it under the temp slide.

Wow, so I need to locate the correct one. Any idea where I could locate one? I will post a WTB.

I think I have a spare, but won't be able to get to it for a week. A WTB ad is your best bet. Others here may have that part as well.

Auto Transport Service
Back