• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Correct dimensions for a max wedge scoop?

Measure 50 times drill once :)

F2BDEF78-8773-49B4-A905-978579F0D154.jpeg

I do agree with you using the '64-'65 Race Hemi scoop, but I'm using the '63 Max Wedge scoop on my 330. I've seen several, and measured what I thought to be a very close original, at about 1-1/4" forward from the rear edge. Looking for an accurate, original if someone can concur. Thanks

I have had two aluminum nose 63 Dodges and the correct measurement is from the center of the rear of the scoop to the center of the rear of the hood is 2 5/8. and I also make all the scoops and other fiberglass for the b bodies out of fiberglass

I heard someone say "Cheap Fiberglass scoops" and I can say that mine is fiberglass. And it is a very thick fiberglass as it does not flex at all and I really think the scoop weighs more then my glass hood. So I can say not all fiberglass scoops are cheap. Problem is the scoop was given to me by a friends dad as I did a big favor for my friend so his dad gave me my Max Wedge scoop. And he had it around for many years as he was going to do a 63 but then sold it and he don't remember what brand the scoop is. So I am sorry as I don't know what brand it is but its a nice scoop. Ron

411842197.jpg

I have had two aluminum nose 63 Dodges and the correct measurement is from the center of the rear of the scoop to the center of the rear of the hood is 2 5/8. and I also make all the scoops and other fiberglass for the b bodies out of fiberglass

Is the measurement the same for a 64 Plymouth?

Thank You
Jeff

I heard someone say "Cheap Fiberglass scoops" and I can say that mine is fiberglass. And it is a very thick fiberglass as it does not flex at all and I really think the scoop weighs more then my glass hood. So I can say not all fiberglass scoops are cheap. Problem is the scoop was given to me by a friends dad as I did a big favor for my friend so his dad gave me my Max Wedge scoop. And he had it around for many years as he was going to do a 63 but then sold it and he don't remember what brand the scoop is. So I am sorry as I don't know what brand it is but its a nice scoop. Ron

View attachment 565282
nice setup ron..I just received my hood and scoop from AAR..i think my scoop is heavier than the hood also!do u lift that off by yourself?or is it a 2 man job?..thanks

Who make a good Alum. M/W scoop. I dont like the mounting tabs on my fiberglass one.

20170315_104656.jpg

nice setup ron..I just received my hood and scoop from AAR..i think my scoop is heavier than the hood also!do u lift that off by yourself?or is it a 2 man job?..thanks

I could lift it by myself but I normally don't because I have back problems also. Thanks for the kind words. Ron

I pass, i keep my fibeglass for now. Ha ha, $1700. I think get gold inside

What are the right dimensions for a correct max wedge scoop? I have one but I have no idea who made it, it came with the car. If it's close, I'll use it. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

24 wide by 26 long sound right? What do the AAR units measure?
http://1962to1965mopar.ornocar.com this site has links to all the info you may ever need,

Auto Transport Service
Back