• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Correct Steering Shaft Color 69 Charger

robl72

Local time
2:27 AM
Reaction score
I asked this question on another post concerning the correct color for the Steering Shaft for my 69 Hamtramck built charger (11/27/1968). Had some responses that cars built at Lynch Road or St Louis could either be left bare natural steel or dipped in black paint.

Does anyone have feed back either way on their 69 Chargers from Hamtramck. Were they always bare or did some Chargers have bare steering shafts and some painted.

Sorry for asking again on this but after an exhaustive web search I could not find a specific answers for Chargers.

Thank you!

All I can say is both my 70 charger and Bee were bare metal,no paint.

I just polished the bare steel then clear coated it.

Screenshot 2024-02-03 213959.jpg

Elbow grease. :p

Tripoli compound then white rouge on a buffing wheel. The column was apart.

Mythbusters proved you can polish a turd. 12 years in the USMC also proved to me anything can be polished. :thumbsup:

Elbow grease. :p

Tripoli compound then white rouge on a buffing wheel. The column was apart.

Mythbusters proved you can polish a turd. 12 years in the USMC also proved to me anything can be polished. :thumbsup:
Oh nice. Thank you for your service.

Auto Transport Service
Back