• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Couple more 69 Convertible questions

Yea, they really aren’t worth the cost. By the time you find an extension harness and the relay it adds up and you get very little light other being able to see the key hole in the dark
My second Satty had it. I never even noticed it.

My car I’m doing now has one. Wasn’t really worth the effort I put into making it work again..lol

Ok, I would think there’s suppose to be a specific mount ? I’ve been googling, etc. No pictures or information pertaining to these bulbs, wiring, mount, etc that I can find. I would really like to install these. Only interior light my car has is the map, light. And it’s about worthless, lol !
Hey Pearljam, these guys are right on cue. No lenses over the rear interior "square holes" & I believe you could use a tail light socket (should be available). I know they'll accept a 1157 bulb (tail light), but you want to use a 90 bulb for the rear interior. Sockets have two contact points at the bottom & "twist-bulb-post-locks" inside them.

The sockets push in from the back of the plastic hole Crider showed you so the bulb faces the square hole in the interior panel.....BE CAREFULL....this plastic area where the socket/bulb goes is very fragile.

Hey Pearljam, these guys are right on cue. No lenses over the rear interior "square holes" & I believe you could use a tail light socket (should be available). I know they'll accept a 1157 bulb (tail light), but you want to use a 90 bulb for the rear interior. Sockets have two contact points at the bottom & "twist-bulb-post-locks" inside them.

The sockets push in from the back of the plastic hole Crider showed you so the bulb faces the square hole in the interior panel.....BE CAREFULL....this plastic area where the socket/bulb goes is very fragile.
A socket for an 1157 bulb has uneven height pins to line up with the bulb. A 90 bulb has even height pins.

Check with Evans Wiring about the socket, if he has it he can even put the wires in it and give you a special length pigtail to hook into your harness or you can send yours and have him repair it. I have had him repair before and it was inexpensive and well done.

I had time to look this over a week or so ago. My car has both bulbs and sockets. Problem is, I can’t turn the darn bulb to make it release from the socket. In order to try a new bulb and see if the work. Suckers are welded in there, they won’t turn. Maybe, next time I ll shoot them with some PB Blaster and see if that frees them up.

Push in with a short section of heater hose. Or break it and then take it out with needle nose.

I think I have that wiring harness from a 69 satellite convertible I parted out years ago. If you are interested in it, PM me and I can get you some pictures and we can work something out.

pulling hard on the wires first untill you feel some spring action usually looses things up...

I have two convertible rear panel bulb harness's I ended up not using. Just in case someone here is looking. But it looks like your all set! Try pulling your wire first as suggested. A little PB too. Good Luck!

Auto Transport Service
Back