• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cowl Water Leak

No AC heater box is very easy and straightforward to remove. Pull heater hoses, 3 or 4 studs on the firewall remove nuts, pull box down and disconnect cables.
Detroit Muscle Technologies has great heater box rebuild kits.

No AC heater box is very easy and straightforward to remove. Pull heater hoses, 3 or 4 studs on the firewall remove nuts, pull box down and disconnect cables.
Detroit Muscle Technologies has great heater box rebuild kits.
Yep, I saw that when I was ordering all the wrong parts. Lol. I will move it around after lunch today and take a better look at it. It's killing me this thing is getting soaked inside.

You may need to fish wire up from the bottom. Remove the inner fender well splash shield. Take a look around between door pillar and cowl.

You may need to fish wire up from the bottom. Remove the inner fender well splash shield. Take a look around between door pillar and cowl.
I opened the door and it was dry in that area. I can remove the splash shield to access the drains and see if there is anything hanging out of them indicating a nest

Being you are going to have to pull the heater box, you might as well use the wiper pivot kit you have ordered, so they are good for another 50 years.

Pulling the heater box will probably give you an additional project - leaking heater coil and worn out, deteriorated gaskets and seals if mine was representative. Four bolts to the firewall - three on pass side and one over to right just past center. Be sure to hook the fan motor up to a battery while it’s out. Mine squealed like a banshee when first turned on. I drilled a tiny hole in the end of the motor housing and squirted gun oil into the hole to lubricate the bearing and shaft and then plugged it with a small piece of strip caulk. Quilted it down.

Auto Transport Service
Back