• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crock pot cookers.....

Chicken grease, bacon and many others make great baste juice for dog biscuits. Get some on both sides, put the biscuits in the oven on 200* or so heat for 10-20 minutes. Let cool off. Our dogs LOVE them. Only give them one a day though as they can cause exhaust issues.

I like to cook that way too

haven't done it much of late

I do a lot of soups & beans
even chicken & dumplings (more like wet biscuits)

crock pot is good for beef stew and not much else! chicken thighs are already moist and tender you don't need to turn it into mush! put those babies on charcoal , low and slow!
have one of those insta pots, great for ribs if you don't have time to do it right!
wife just picked up an an air-fryer as well, holly crap 44 cupboards/drawers in the kitchen and barely room for a shot glass!
I can cook everything I like on electric frying pan,deep fryer and the weber!

crock pot is good for beef stew and not much else! chicken thighs are already moist and tender you don't need to turn it into mush! put those babies on charcoal , low and slow!
have one of those insta pots, great for ribs if you don't have time to do it right!
wife just picked up an an air-fryer as well, holly crap 44 cupboards/drawers in the kitchen and barely room for a shot glass!
I can cook everything I like on electric frying pan,deep fryer and the weber!
I've done several batches of crock pot stew and so far, no mush but this is the first time to leave the pot on all night or most of it. Got things all together and hot about 8pm and turned it down to low just before going to bed around 11. Usually wake up around 3 to drain the snake and checked on the pot and the temp was a hair over 200 so turned it off and went back to bed. Woke up about 7:30 and after a taste test, filled up 3 48oz containers and stuck them in the freezer. There's 4 thighs left from the package and they will be thrown on the grill as soon as the wind dies down some. And I quit frying foods some time back.....even got rid of the deep fryer.

where I live you can't just walk down the street for bar night so the deep fryer is important to me! I'm here for a good time ,not a long time!
My MIL rest her soul,use to do ribs in the oven in sauce,even the bones were overcooked,great if you don't have teeth!

where I live you can't just walk down the street for bar night so the deep fryer is important to me! I'm here for a good time ,not a long time!
My MIL rest her soul,use to do ribs in the oven in sauce,even the bones were overcooked,great if you don't have teeth!
I'm sure my time left isn't going to be all that much longer but my used to be rot gut stomach isn't quite so tough anymore so I'm having to stop with some of the things I used to do. Thinking about getting another fryer because there are some things I miss.....one being stuffed jalapeno peppers and I'm sure a few of those every few weeks isn't going to bother me all that much.

Auto Transport Service
Back