• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Oct

Cruisin’ The Coast 2022 Mississippi Gulf Coast

Taking into consideration that I’m biased towards the barracudas. My favorite of the event.

E0DC2A75-7793-49D4-8149-085C4D567565.jpeg

CA804E69-DA11-43A8-8225-508F3EB69C05.jpeg

First and foremost, it was really nice to see my forum friends at Mopars in Da' Bay today. The weather, venue, cars, and people made for a great day. My 82 yr old parents made it, my wife and some of her family made it, and even though I did "the next thing" to try to fix my car running like poo-poo, well, it looked nice and I got it there. Since I first took it out Tuesday and discovered it picked THIS WEEK out of the last 5+ YEARS to run bad, I have been trying to get it straight, but unless I get it right tomorrow, I'm done driving it until I get it straight. Anyway, tomorrow I'll go with my wife to the mall on the coast to meet up with the Pontiac A Body club in her GTO.
Here's a few pictures from today!
20221006_110728.jpg
20221006_110732.jpg
20221006_114900.jpg
20221006_115418.jpg
20221006_124941.jpg
20221006_124951.jpg
20221006_125139.jpg
20221006_125153.jpg
20221006_125456.jpg
20221006_125508.jpg

Well, it's Saturday night and CtC 2022 is over for me. There will be people and cars cruising and hanging out tonight all along the Mississippi Gulf Coast from Bay St. Louis on the westernmost end to Ocean Springs on the easternmost end and all points in between, and while "things" didn't go nearly as good as I'd like, I managed to enjoy what time I had there.
Other than the year (maybe 4 or 5 years ago) I had just got my 3 Holley carbs back from Promax, and along with the great job they did modding them, installing their popular parts in them, I also got their complete (upper 3 way and lower main feed) stainless steel braided fuel lines, and I ignored my "gut feeling" because I was short on time to flush out those brand new braided lines. They were full of stainless "shards" of clipped off braid, and that went into every orifice inside the carbs, especially the Promax metering block in the center carb. The brass looking vertical orifices that are in 2 rows (I should know what they are but I haven't read my "Tuning Holley Carburetors" book yet, and I don't remember what they're called) had tiny individual clippings of stainless steel braid stuck in them. Well, my car ran like crap and Cruisin the Coast was already underway, so I just drove around pissed off because of the car running so badly, especially since it should have been running better than ever, and I had just invested a lot of time and money on it. After it was over and I found the time to take the fuel bowls off and the carbs apart, it was obvious what the problem was, I cleaned everything out, and it's run great ever since then....
UNTIL THIS TUESDAY :cursin::mad:

:monkeyleft:ME!!:bananadance:my car-->:nutkick:<--me

My wife and I drove in my Roadrunner to the Tuesday nighttime "flamethrower contest" and right away I knew something was wrong. Lots of unburned fuel smell, and bucking, stumbling, really bad. So Wednesday I checked all ignition related connections, cleaned, treated, etc everything, no luck. Thursday morning at sunup I checked the float level in all 3 carbs and the front one was a bit high, so I made an adjustment, but no luck, and I drove it to the MOPARS IN DA BAY event, there was no way I wasn't going to make that. Driving back home was so aggravating I knew that was it until I find and fix the problem. I suspect fouled plugs from oil blowby getting sucked into the center carb. If I wasn't having the 572 built I'd probably "clean up" the cylinder walls and put new rings in it, my oil pressure is fine, but the blowby on hard acceleration is troubling.
Anyway, we went to the Pontiac A Body (GTO/LeMans) car club event yesterday afternoon and that was nice. There was a club that showed up of various cars and 1 old truck, ALL built for serious drag strip duty, ALL with HUGE, WIDE "steamroller looking" rear tires, most with big old school superchargers, and the Pontiac Club event was important to my wife, so it was good to go.
Today we took her GTO and had fun around Main Street in Bay St Louis, our favorite place to go on the "big day".
Again, it was great seeing forum friends and MOPAR brothers, especially Thursday, and I appreciate all of you!

Just watched footage of this on YouTube. Samsspacetv, I think. No plug intended. It looked awesome. The different venues were cool. And I LOVE rolling shows. You can see & hear the cars. Overall, it looked like the coolest run I've seen it quite a while. I'm going to have to get to this one.

Here's the 2021 and this year's 2022 MOPARS IN DA BAY event, the Thursday of Cruisin the Coast. It's gotten better each year, and I never thought a local MOPAR event could be better than when we did this each year on Thursday in Long Beach, but this venue, BAY SAINT LOUIS, MS is SO MUCH NICER and next year onwards will be WAY nicer than it already is!
I believe Cruisin the Coast is one of if not THE GREATEST "classic/muscle cars event" on planet earth, this year set another record for registered vehicles at over 9,500, with more that cruise around the unrestricted areas, and it's EIGHT DAYS long!
Anyway, here's the 2 videos of MOPARS IN DA BAY.

First and foremost, it was really nice to see my forum friends at Mopars in Da' Bay today. The weather, venue, cars, and people made for a great day. My 82 yr old parents made it, my wife and some of her family made it, and even though I did "the next thing" to try to fix my car running like poo-poo, well, it looked nice and I got it there. Since I first took it out Tuesday and discovered it picked THIS WEEK out of the last 5+ YEARS to run bad, I have been trying to get it straight, but unless I get it right tomorrow, I'm done driving it until I get it straight. Anyway, tomorrow I'll go with my wife to the mall on the coast to meet up with the Pontiac A Body club in her GTO.
Here's a few pictures from today!
View attachment 1353808View attachment 1353809View attachment 1353810View attachment 1353811View attachment 1353812View attachment 1353813View attachment 1353814View attachment 1353815View attachment 1353816View attachment 1353817
What no mohawk this year!? :lol:
Looks like a great time out there.

What no mohawk this year!? :lol:
Looks like a great time out there.
Thanks for asking about "da hawk" :lol: I had done the Mohawk my 1st year because my boss would have had a heart attack if I had one at work, and that was my 1st vacation in over 5 years, so I would know I was on vacation every morning I looked in the mirror, and IT WORKED! By Tuesday morning way back then I had great peace of mind and happiness. Well, my wife made it there late Thursday that week, and the "freedom and independence" was GONE, along with the joy it had brought me.
So the next year I did the Mohawk again, but I wanted it dark purple/blue, to match the Roadrunner's head feathers, and that too "worked" to propel me into "vacation mode". It was cool having it and me and my car recognized, and it was all FUN.
I've done it every year since, but I had the slightest reservations regarding the "purple" dye because so many "social warriors" that hold 180° opposite views from me were very visible for the last few years and wouldn't you know that purple seems to be a popular color for a lot of them! I would have done it anyway, but A LOT of "things" didn't get lined up ahead of time like they should have, so I just skipped the whole ritual.
God willing I will be above ground sucking air in October 2023 and plan for the week of CtC better, and I'll be Rocking Da HAWK, in DARK PURPLE again!
We made it Tuesday night, Thursday for the MOPARS IN DA BAY event, Friday at the Edgewater Mall for our Pontiac A-Body Club event, and the 2nd Saturday for "the BIGGEST Day" so I made the most of it, and YES, it was a good time and the BEST WEATHER.

Auto Transport Service
Back