• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CRUISIN' THE COAST 2020 Mississippi Gulf Coast..Hurricane DELTA gone, IT'S ON! Saturday 10/10!

Here's another Scottie D TV video from CtC 2020:

Here's the feature Scottie D did on my Roadrunner way back in 2015:

Sorry I missed you and all the other Mopar lovers at da' Bay! Between this Covid **** and the weather this has been one depressing and disappointing year! To sum it up I have missed the Nats, Carlisle, Woodward Dream Cruise and now the one show I plan all year for gets screwed up by the weather of all things. You think I would be used to this happening living in Biloxi for 20 odd years but it still sucks! Anyway, just for self therapy I held my own show and shine in my driveway for my 78 year old Dad (cancer patient and heart disease survivor) and myself Saturday and we took first, second, third, and fourth place! LOL! After all this is what it is all about. Bringing people together to share successes, ideas, and most of all spend time together when time is so precious. My Dad and I have spent every Saturday and Sunday for years together working on our vehicles and since he hasn't been able to make it for the last few months I put this photo and Video show together for him and I thought it would be nice to share with others who love these cars and what they do to bring friends and family together. Hope you enjoy and it provides inspiration to your projects when they get you down! Believe me we all have issues at one point or another!

IMG_1570.jpg IMG_1576.jpg IMG_1571.jpg IMG_1573.jpg IMG_1575.jpg

@JPrusinows
I HAVE POSTED ABOUT YOU, your dad, and the 62 Max Wedge and 64 red Hemi car a number of times on this forum, and I'm sure at least once was related to Cruisin The Coast!
The first time I met you (I don't remember if your dad or his Hemi car was there) was about 5 years ago at the downtown Gulfport location, on the main road in from I-10, when they let us park in the street near Beach Road.
Man! I'll NEVER forget hearing, HEARING before seeing the black Max Wedge rumbling through the open factory cast iron "manifolds", those beautiful giant swept back exhausts with the cutout plates open, and the lope of the cam bouncing off the tall buildings there.
Once you parked and opened the hood, the cross ram 2x 4bbl setup, the factory stampings, all looking like it just left the factory.
It's hard for me to decide which car sounds better, because the 64 Hemi has the mechanical solid lifters.
You and your dad are good people, and the way the weather turned out Saturday, I'm surprised (and all who attended are worse off for) that you didn't make it.
Those other 2 cars in the picture are yours too?
I hope to see you soon, and tell your dad I asked about him.
:thumbsup:

I wish Scottie would buy a gimbal for his camera. His walk through videos are hard to watch.
Scottie used to shoot a lot more videos, higher production quality and video quality too. I'm not sure what happened, but a couple of years ago I thought he must have gotten really sick, because he didn't make CtC and wasn't posting videos like he had been, and he looked sick too.
I noticed the step motion too, but I'm glad to see him back. He is seriously good people, LOVES the "hobby", and I think his only source of income is what he gets from the videos he shoots and the advertising on those formats.
Here's a GREAT video with Woody Bailey, the "main man" behind Cruisin the Coast, having a chat w/Scottie and this is a REALLY GOOD OVERVIEW of what Cruisin the Coast is all about.

@JPrusinows
I HAVE POSTED ABOUT YOU, your dad, and the 62 Max Wedge and 64 red Hemi car a number of times on this forum, and I'm sure at least once was related to Cruisin The Coast!
The first time I met you (I don't remember if your dad or his Hemi car was there) was about 5 years ago at the downtown Gulfport location, on the main road in from I-10, when they let us park in the street near Beach Road.
Man! I'll NEVER forget hearing, HEARING before seeing the black Max Wedge rumbling through the open factory cast iron "manifolds", those beautiful giant swept back exhausts with the cutout plates open, and the lope of the cam bouncing off the tall buildings there.
Once you parked and opened the hood, the cross ram 2x 4bbl setup, the factory stampings, all looking like it just left the factory.
It's hard for me to decide which car sounds better, because the 64 Hemi has the mechanical solid lifters.
You and your dad are good people, and the way the weather turned out Saturday, I'm surprised (and all who attended are worse off for) that you didn't make it.
Those other 2 cars in the picture are yours too?
I hope to see you soon, and tell your dad I asked about him.
:thumbsup:
Biomed,

Thank you much for the kind words and asking about my father! I'll let him know you said hello he'll get a big kick out of it! Yes those other two are ours, we have a bad habit! LOL. I had bought them as projects to keep him busy and as motivation to keep up the fight he has been on past couple of years. He actually rode with me in the 63 for an hour or so this year on Tuesday I believe. Priceless memories! Thanks again, look forward to seeing you soon.

Jeff

keep up the fight he has been on past couple of years. He actually rode with me in the 63 for an hour or so this year on Tuesday
Seeing the two of you together with the red 64 and black 62 is great, and I hope to see both of you soon.
If I can ever help out in any way, let me know. If you want to get in touch with me, PM for contact info. I think BEMA and maybe another car club or two are going to have a track day at Gulfport, where we rent the track.
PM me.

For those who helped and commented regarding my overheating woes, mainly from the fan motor burning up, here is what I've put into motion, and I should be able to complete tomorrow:
I placed an order today after much research and careful measurements.
The first thing I wanted to add may be the last thing I do, and that is a shroud.
I'll say that the Mopar fan shroud has a 20" opening, so I am pretty sure this 18" flex fan would still fit or the shroud can be tweaked to make it fit. I am going to try to use the shroud that came w/my unreturnable 17" electric fan, if it falls into place, even if I have to enlarge the opening slightly. I won't be running an electric fan as my main fan anyway after what I've suffered through, so I may as well get SOMETHING out of the $350 I spent on that DAMN electric fan and shroud assembly (IF the shroud works).
So I ordered the 18" version of the 17" flex fan I have:
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/der-19118
And 2x 10" 797 CFM (each) SPAL electric pusher fans. They are the largest fans that will fit, have a good CFM rating, a great brand reputation, and a significant amp draw which usually means a better fan:
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/spu-ix-30100320
I have 2 through the condenser mounting kits.
I have to drain and pull the radiator, again, but that is something I know well.
The parts come in tomorrow, Friday.
My Dakota Digital PAC-2800BT electronic fan control module can handle both fans, and so will my current relays and circuit breakers. I am going to do a voltage drop test once they are hooked up to see if I have a problem there. That's the last electrical troubleshooting process I can think of.

Last post in this thread which was supposed to be about Cruisin the Coast but I populated it with my fan woes too.
The fans came in today, I will be doing voltage drop tests once I hook up the loads (fans) to the circuit, and make any necessary changes or rewiring.
I researched the 2x electric pusher fans really hard, and I found the fans that were:
*Reputable high quality manufacturer sourced. SPAL was the brand my mechanic told me to get from the start, and at Cruisin the Coast SPAL was one of the if not the #1 brand I saw in use. I have learned through this experience that fans that weigh more (compared to other similar sized fans) and have a higher relative amp draw are the best quality fans.
*A perfect fit for the space I have. I wanted the highest CFM (reliably rated) fans that would fit. Unfortunately, some in the 1,000 CFM range were too deep to fit. Those had a deeper measurement, and by design and simple physics had a higher air flow volume, but if it doesn't fit it doesn't matter. The 2 fans I got have a reliable CFM rating of 790 CFM each, and given their shallow depth, that is impressive.
Here's a few pix of the fans installed. I think they look like Plymouth could have engineered them to fit they came out so good.
20201016_173835.jpg
20201016_173639.jpg

If anyone wants to see the rest of my cooling system saga through to its conclusion, here's the link that drops you in around the installation of the 2 electric fans I just got:
https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopa...-fan-or-radiator.202921/page-5#post-911694991

Auto Transport Service
Back