• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Current Value on original '69 GTX Trim?

68BabyBlue

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:42 PM
Reaction score
When my '69 GTX was restored, the previous owner replaced the grille, headlight bezels, wheel well moldings, tail light bezels, and tail finish panel with NOS, and restored OEM pieces. The pieces that were removed were NOS, installed in the early 1980s. They have 6000 miles on them, and are nearly perfect. I think they would be appropriate for a survivor car. Now that most of these parts have been reproduced, I'm wondering what the ball park values would be, and whether I should just hang on to them for now, as I don't need to sell them.

Keep them if you think you will get ever another car, or if your car gets damaged.

They are only original once. Original pieces are worth more than new stuff, to me. I like a "rough survivor, better than a perfect reproduction". If you aren't going to use them, pass them on to somebody that is "fixin' up a driver", to use and have fun with. It is unlikely that you will put them back on your car. I appreciate all of the "vintage" parts that members have sold me, on this forum. Just my opinion.

When my '69 GTX was restored, the previous owner replaced the grille, headlight bezels, wheel well moldings, tail light bezels, and tail finish panel with NOS, and restored OEM pieces. The pieces that were removed were NOS, installed in the early 1980s. They have 6000 miles on them, and are nearly perfect. I think they would be appropriate for a survivor car. Now that most of these parts have been reproduced, I'm wondering what the ball park values would be, and whether I should just hang on to them for now, as I don't need to sell them.
I agree with the others. You can never go wrong with keeping original car parts especially if you are always going to have a Mopar. Their value always increasing.

Im interested if you decide to sell!!

My wife doesn’t like the “junk” taking up space. Sold a set of Hurst mags years ago for 50 bucks for that reason. Won’t make same mistake again.

Last edited:

Personally, I would just keep all the stuff you got for as R413 said the "just in case" moments like accidents. If you're wondering about prices though, I am looking on Ebay right now and I see these prices below. Unfortunately this is all I found, but I hope this helps you make a decision though......

Wheel well molding (1)- $199.00, link- NOS Mopar 1969 Plymouth GTX Left Rear Wheel Opening Molding | eBay

Taillight bezel (1)- $395.00, link- Plymouth GTX 1969 NOS RH Tail Light Bezel | eBay

Headlight bezels + Grille (USED)- $1,350.00, link- 1969 PLYMOUTH GTX GRILLE / HEADLIGHT BEZELS MOPAR B BODY 69 | eBay

Thanks for the input guys. I remember a while back a member needing a grille after his GTX was involved in an accident, and I would sell my parts cheaply to any of you in similar circumstances. The lack of reproduction grilles and headlight bezels seem to have kept these particular items pretty pricey.

As long as you own the car.
Keep them.
That way....you will never need them

I have all kinds of trim both nos and used for mine. Including nos quarter trim mldgs. ( both sides )
For that JUST IN CASE moment

None for sale

Why did you take them off the car? What did you put back on? I would never sell them if I still owned the car and they would be on it..

Fred is not proud. He'd be happy to "display" any of those fine trim pieces, should they be presented
to him. He's not technically a "survivor"....but if you know his (and therefore, my) story, well.... :)
Say hello, Fred:
10-12-18 heritage days 5.jpg
(See? He's smiling!)

Fred is not proud. He'd be happy to "display" any of those fine trim pieces, should they be presented
to him. He's not technically a "survivor"....but if you know his (and therefore, my) story, well.... :)
Say hello, Fred:
View attachment 1388056
(See? He's smiling!)
Baby Blue had trim in similar condition to the pieces that were removed from the Demonstrator, and I kept it all in place. In both cases, it was NOS installed in the early '80s. As those of you with stock GTXs know all too well, exhaust fumes from factory exhaust tips leave residue that pits the pot metal, if it isn't cleaned off. So the original tail bezels have a few small pits that can't be seen from five feet away, the trunk finish panel has a few freckles on the upper edge that can be seen three feet away. The stuff from the front is perfect, other than some stains and corrosion where it was anchored to the mounting hardware.

The restoration on the Demonstrator was totally nuts for a 440 automatic - All NOS parts, and I would guess over 2000 hours in labor. I would have kept the original pieces in place, but the previous owner was more of a perfectionist than myself. He also drove the car just a little over 1000 miles in 28 years.

Last edited:
Why did you take them off the car? What did you put back on? I would never sell them if I still owned the car and they would be on it..
I didn't take them off the car, would have kept them in place. Guy who restored the car was a perfectionist, replaced everything with NOS.

Car parts increase in value, wife decreases in value. Car parts need little to no maintenance, wife needs, well, let me think.

need little to no maintenance, wife needs, well, let me think.
[/QUOTE]

Imagine if you were talking about an ex wife ….

I didn't take them off the car, would have kept them in place. Guy who restored the car was a perfectionist, replaced everything with NOS.
Ok your wording is not correct and that was what was throwing me off.. So you have the original USED parts off the car that were replaced with nos ones.. NOS is not used parts.. I would still keep the original parts..

Ok your wording is not correct and that was what was throwing me off.. So you have the original USED parts off the car that were replaced with nos ones.. NOS is not used parts.. I would still keep the original parts..
It's a bit confusing, because the car was actually restored twice. First time in 1981, car got all factory new pieces, driven 6000 miles, then all the trim got replaced again, 20 years later with new stuff. So yes, the extra set is used, but it was brand new when it went on the car in 1981.

Auto Transport Service
Back