• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Curt George Memorial News: UPDATE Hemi Showdown

Steve1118

Local time
2:26 AM
Reaction score
A further update ****This applies to the Hemi Showdown on Saturday, June 16*****

In an effort to really hit the ground running for the Hemi Showdown on Saturday, all the Hemis running the Hemi Showdown will have the entry fee waived courtesy of Bob George Racing & Bud's Auto Sales.

Normal entries will be required, though, for all other classes one wishes to compete in. Pre entry for the Hemi deal is not required, but if one decides to come and mix it up with the boys, send me a private message and we'll get it posted.

This is shaping up to be a pretty decent event, let's have some fun.

Some of the commits already are:

Bob Roles, Pa., Slammin Savoy 64 Plymouth
Rich Emrich, Pa., 70 Cuda
Dave Collette, Baltimore, 64 Plymouth or S&M Cuda
Dennis Kohr, Pa., 69 Dodge
Danny Dove, Virginia, 70 Cuda
Ron McClelland, Pa. 66 Dodge
Steve Reasbeck, Pa. 65 Dodge
Bob George, Pa. 68 Dart
Joe Davis, Pa., Endangered Species 65 Dodge
Gary Murphy, Ohio 70 Challenger
Pat Bianchin, Pa. 70 Cuda
Barry Donnelly, Pa. 71 Cuda
Michael Donnelly, Pa. 71 Cuda
Aaron McClelland, Pa. 68 Road Runner
Dan Householder, Md. 65 Dodge
Bob W. Pittsburgh, Pa. 68 Plymouth
(my apologies for being unaware of the proper spelling)

Again, pre entry is not required....feel free to show up at the last minute and get involved.

RULES:

Generation II (426 series) Hemi only
A, B, or E full bodied cars
Carburetors or Fuel Injection (Electronic assisted permitted on 65 AFX cars only, provided it appears and functions as the original mid sixties units.)
Normally aspirated only, no alcohol, no nitrous’
No Electronics, trans brakes OK.
No Chassis cars
Any Rear suspension
Period correct hood scoops only, SS, early Pro Stock; no lump or modern style "aero" scoops.
There may be some small adjustments to the rules as time goes on.

Minimum ET 12.00
Must dial to the nearest tenth
All cars must meet IHRA Safety Rules Requirements for speed/et

Winner $1500
RU $750
Plus money to semis, other goodies to be named later.

1965 Altered Wheelbase B bodies clones welcome, even original AWB if someone has the hootzpa to run one. Electronic assisted fuel injection permitted on those cars as long as it appears and functions as the original 65 A/FX units.

My friends at Accuweather in State College guarantee good weather, so be there or be square!!

SORRY WRONG DATE , i THOUGHT THIS WAS THE ONE IN JULY.
CANT MAKE IT TO PITTSBURGH.

Last edited:
So far there is 22 Hemi Cars that will be running Saturday and Sunday.

Come on out!

Take lots of photos guys, for us that are, "way to far away", to make it up there... Sounds like a blast & Thanks in advance...

Budnicks, I know you can't come out this year but you really need to make a trip out here for this race and spend another couple of weeks and go to Beaver Springs. It'll be well worth your trip.

Hopefully the car runs good so I'm not thrashing all weekend so I have time to take pictures.

I'll get as many as I can.

Thanks for the invite, I would love to come out there for a road trip, "Someday, maybe soon", just can't do it right now... Good luck & kick some ***....LOL...

want to thank everyone who attended the Curt George Memorial; Bud's Auto Sales Hemi Showdown at Pittsburgh on Saturday night.

Great racing, great mix of cars, everything from Matt Welker's SS/AH Cuda (absolutely beautiful, and Matt's a great guy), a lot of Hemi NSS racers....nineteen cars made the first round. Found out later that one of the racers was an engineer who was an engine builder for Roush Racing for twenty years. It was absolutely great.

We had a little feed, a great get together...it was fantastic.
Terrific racing, competitive without the egos. Will post some pics and comments later.

One of the absolute highlights is the "generation race" on Father's Day morning....dads vs sons; dads vs daughters; sisters vs brothers etc; all in fun and as a dad it creates memories that I will take to my grave with me. A great touch, and Bob G is responsible for this, was the photog coming through the lanes and taking pics of the generations before the race. I cannot wait to get mine!

Auto Transport Service
Back