• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Custom Convertible Top & Color?

Ron H

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:15 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone here had a custom vert top installed? This is about the color and maybe the material. Think it's not too common, but have seen it on a few cars. I'm thinking of a gray top and maybe vinyl rather than the typical canvas fabric for my '63 Plymouth. Had some hassles I posted about on another thread about ill-fitting installation. Tolerable? Yeah, but it bugs me enough when I think on it, to consider getting another top on. So...figure if I'm going to take another plunge make it with a custom top. Here's a pic of my ride and think a gray top would set the car off better. Two things, notice the ill-fit along the top of the side windows - this is due to the width being around a half-inch short. This was the 2nd top put on within the span of a month. Also had the rear window base bordered, like newer verts have. Original, the window spanned to the deck. Anyway, thinking a medium-dark gray top would look better on it, MO. If anyone has done a custom install, would appreciate hearing about it. Thanks.

Ply at WOW Rear.jpg

I can offer no help on the convertible top, but I have to say that's a nice looking car!

Auto Transport Service
Back