• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cylinder Head and crankshaft questions

gorgotek

Local time
9:10 PM
Reaction score
Hello all,
I'm in proces engine rebuilding, but looking at I'm life in Poland I have very limited access to parts, mechanic in poland want to much money for me for the rebuild, I want to buy new cylinder heads and crankshaft because its more profitable.

I have few questions :
1.Cylinder head are exchangable? means left fits on the right and vice versa ? I have this question because if I looked on the parts shop i see description "fits right or left"

2.Numbers on the crankshaft are 2658393, but i can't find crankshaft with this numbers, I found crankshaft fitted to those numbers 2128278, 2128869, 2268119, 2465747, 2532457, 2658278, 2843868; It's should fit ?

I think its should be understanadable

Plymouth Satellite 1971, 318

I'm assuming that you're comfortable with doing this kind of work and want to "freshen" the engine rather than rebuild it completely. If this is the case you can purchase what you want by just knowing the engine size and year. Some engines have specifics so you will want to look up the engine serial number and verify if it is special in any way. Once you have this information you can purchase a new crank, crank and rod bearings and the proper heads weather you're going iron or aluminum. When you order what you need, make sure the supplier knows exactly what series the engine is. I've never encountered heads that fit either side but then I've never had a 318. Be leery of this claim and deal only with reputable supply shops.

I checked heads numbers , left have this same number as right.I checked physically both heads and they looks as this same.Please look below at the photo.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back