• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dad's 1966 Satellite Hemi (dark red poly) - where are you?

Joel Grannas

Local time
12:20 AM
Reaction score
Hoping maybe someone here knows of this car and can help me figure out where it went.

I am trying to fulfill a curiosity my father has always had... to find his where his 1966 Hemi Satellite went. It was one of his biggest regrets selling this car. It was Maroon (Dark red poly, i think also code QQ1?) and had matching maroon interior.

Car was from PA originally, my Dad bought it new from the dealer. About 15 years ago a guy from Lexington, VA (we think) reached out to my dad asking some questions, i guess he had the car and found my dad's name, Samuel Grannas, on the certification plaque

I am just a car guy, trying to do a cool thing for his car guy Dad. The man who instilled his passion for cool/fast cars in me. Hoping to make this happen while he is still with us (he is 79 years old!)

Attaching some original photos from 1966

Would love to hear from whoever owns it now, or anyone that maybe thinks they know where the car is!

I can be reached via PM

IMG_8289.JPG IMG_8290.JPG IMG_8291.JPG IMG_8292.JPG

Last edited:
Hopefully you can track it down. It's definitely not the one I found yesterday...:)

Hi Joel, good luck! It would be great if you could help your dad out with that memory. And perhaps even get to see the car again! Thanks for the pictures...
upload_2022-4-8_22-36-36.png

Does he have a drawer full of old titles and such? If you had a VIN, it might help find it. Maybe his insurance company has it somewhere. I knew a dealer that had info going back to the 1940's. I was able to track down and find one of 1,200 cars imported to North America because of his records.

Cool story, of a cool car

maybe go to the welcome wagon & introduce yourself 1st

good luck

I just saw one in a car museum in Auburn, IN. The “National Auto and Truck Museum “ to be specific.

BUMP. still looking for this car.... Still holding out hope I can find the guy who has it.

Auto Transport Service
Back