• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dad's 69RR Driver Project(I'm doing the work)

yup...slippery slope. fix one thing, then another...now's the time.

Well my last post about this project was last year in Feb. During that time made some progress on my Dad's RR and it is almost ready to spray. The unfortunate thing I am dealing with is I lost my hero, mentor, coach, and my best friend. My dad passed this past March and did not even get to drive the car. No matter what anyone says I will never forgive myself not finishing the car and it has been too tough to even look at the car the last month. He was only 65 years old and I seriously have a hole in my heart that will never mend. I will eventually complete the car because I know he is looking down wondering when I will finish and take it on it's maiden voyage. The plan was for him to drive to the Mopar Nats in August. Sorry I haven't been very good with the updates because I sure enjoy all of yours. This was him the day we picked the car up and as you can tell he was beaming with joy. He loved that car just hope he is burning the tires in heaven.
Happy Dad Picking it up.JPG

Very sorry for your loss. I'm restoring our '68 Charger for my dad as well and its fueled by the thought of seeing the smile on my dads face when its done and he can drive it to the Nats and Carlisle. It can be very difficult to push on with the car without him around, but just know that's what he would want

Very sorry for your loss. I'm restoring our '68 Charger for my dad as well and its fueled by the thought of seeing the smile on my dads face when its done and he can drive it to the Nats and Carlisle. It can be very difficult to push on with the car without him around, but just know that's what he would want
That smile will be irreplaceable, good luck and whether I'm with the car or not I will not miss the Nats.

Very sorry to hear that. I'm sure when it's done you can think of the times you spent together with it.

I have some left overs if your in need of anything.

I am so sorry for your loss. The car meant a lot to him, you will get it on the road and he will be right there with you when you do!

Sorry for your loss. Finish the car for him and enjoy the memories.

Don't blame yourself - your dad wouldn't. No doubt he was thrilled and proud his son was building him a car. He died with love for the car, and you, in his heart. Finish it with a smile (albeit a sad one maybe), and know Dad is smiling down from heaven. He will be just as thrilled - he'll just be a little bit lighter in the passenger seat...

God bless

Well my last post about this project was last year in Feb. During that time made some progress on my Dad's RR and it is almost ready to spray. The unfortunate thing I am dealing with is I lost my hero, mentor, coach, and my best friend. My dad passed this past March and did not even get to drive the car. No matter what anyone says I will never forgive myself not finishing the car and it has been too tough to even look at the car the last month. He was only 65 years old and I seriously have a hole in my heart that will never mend. I will eventually complete the car because I know he is looking down wondering when I will finish and take it on it's maiden voyage. The plan was for him to drive to the Mopar Nats in August. Sorry I haven't been very good with the updates because I sure enjoy all of yours. This was him the day we picked the car up and as you can tell he was beaming with joy. He loved that car just hope he is burning the tires in heaven.
View attachment 419579
Very sorry for your loss .Your dad appreciated everything you were doing I guarantee it .
Take you time it's ok finish the car as a tribute and great memory to your dad .

Very sorry to hear about your loss. I can relate completely......

Do not have any negative energy towards your pops car.....Just keep in mind he would be happy to know that you will finish it....Imagine one day you will be able to tell him about "That Car" of his you restored....Thats your focus bro....It is mine!

The meek ones will be reunited!

Even though it is almost 9 years later the car is 95% complete. It sat for 2 1/2 years before I could muster the motivation without my Dad but I am glad I did. I posted on the electrical forum because I still have some things not working (speedo, fuel gauge, temp gauge, back up lights, wipers but it runs and drives awesome! Dad was smiling all the way home from the paint shop.

FD506C32-8CEA-487F-B7AA-A4F3F1B278B3.jpeg

D93CA103-0C7D-42BB-93CC-8B5E7D55B96A.jpeg

247D00D4-0F77-4975-A8A3-9AF834DF85A8.jpeg

Even though it is almost 9 years later the car is 95% complete. It sat for 2 1/2 years before I could muster the motivation without my Dad but I am glad I did. I posted on the electrical forum because I still have some things not working (speedo, fuel gauge, temp gauge, back up lights, wipers but it runs and drives awesome! Dad was smiling all the way home from the paint shop.

View attachment 1348340

View attachment 1348342

View attachment 1348345

Looking real nice! I'm sure you have Dads approval :thumbsup:

Very sorry to hear about your loss. I can relate completely......

Do not have any negative energy towards your pops car.....Just keep in mind he would be happy to know that you will finish it....Imagine one day you will be able to tell him about "That Car" of his you restored....Thats your focus bro....It is mine!

The meek ones will be reunited!
Justin you still around?

That is just outstanding news! Thanks very much for checking in and letting us know how things
are working out - and yep, Pop is there for sure. Bet on it.
Also - may I commend you on the color?
Fred sends his regards:
IMG_3932 (1).JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back