• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dakota digital dash going in soon

Paul_G

Local time
8:37 AM
Reaction score
upload_2022-3-14_9-20-58.png

This is going in my 69 Roadrunner. The car has a 3 pod of gauges under the dash right now, oil pres, temp, volts. They can all go and get replaced with a boost, Fuel press, AFR guages, under the dash. The only working gauge in the stock cluster right now is fuel. So this will replace that, the three under the dash, and add a 150 mph speedo, and allow me to get rid of the giant tach that is hanging on the steering column like this is a bracket car or something.

I hope you are adept at wiring and have the patience of Job. I upgraded my 69 El Camino to DD using a new dash harness from M&H.

May I recommend a laminated color wiring chart?

Good luck.

I hope you are adept at wiring and have the patience of Job. I upgraded my 69 El Camino to DD using a new dash harness from M&H.

May I recommend a laminated color wiring chart?

Good luck.

Thanks for the heads up. I looked at the install instructions online, for me it looks pretty easy, wiring has been my thing for ever. I have the gear shift indicator accessory coming, and they make another accessory that lets you add additional gauges. I need to see if it can do trans temp.

Second best thing we put in the car. Lots of wire, just make sure to have your readers available. It even matches the radio.

34EBA8C3-DB54-44A3-BA97-7A7A17C7B5CE.jpeg 278CBF74-A3AC-4826-AED6-7BAEE5E818E1.jpeg

Mine is an a/c car so everything to the right of the steering column is ram packed already. Pic shows center between e brake and steering column. Build the box hanging down about half way to the floor. This gives working and reading room for assembly then roll the wiring around the box and up. Knowing you will be back at some time, it will drop down and can be serviced.

Very cool. Looks great at night. I put a Racepak digital dash in my street/race Challenger. I didn't really want to but the dash has 6 gages per screen with 4 screens that I can flip through. 24 gages total. Needed with every system that I am data logging and monitoring.

20191127_221528 (003).jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back