• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dakota Digital dash?

Sprad

Local time
6:59 PM
Reaction score
Have any of you guys used this dash in your car? A friend of mine installed one in his 56 Chevy Truck and it is pretty cool. He has an LS engine and everything came out great. He let me drive it last week and now I am completely rethinking my 70 RR. I’m thinking of dropping in a Gen 3 Hemi w 6 speed manual tranny and then pop this dash in to complete it. Any one here do this???

https://www.dakotadigital.com/index...id=1265/category_id=679/mode=prod/prd1265.htm

Yes.
This car....

8100 B (2).jpg

....I was faced with either restoring the originals or buying something new. I went with the Dakota Digital setup available at the time...(2015)

Dd Cluster.JPG

DD  1.JPG

I ordered it with blue lighting....

DD panel 4.jpg

DD panel 6.jpg

Ginger 102.JPG

It matches the lighting on the stereo display.

Love them!!!! Gas Gauge can be tricky, but easy to set-up.. Have a Non Rally VHX and a Rally HDX.

I have one in my '59 Chevy truck
I also had a standard style dash in the '70 Coronet
I have the RTX rallye setup ready to go in my '70 Bee

love them

I have Dakota Digital VHX gauges in two of my cars. I like them, they work well, and they have a lifetime warranty. They warranted a couple of sensors for me, one which was killed due to a leaking speedometer pinion seal on the transmission.

Thank all of you guys! I’m really impressed with how they look and all the different options they provide. It’s going in my car! Now I have TWO dashes that will be for sale! One w a Tic Tock Tach!

FBBO member Biomedtechguy installed a set that are designed to look similar to the factory gauges. In retrospect, I wish that I had those instead. I like the look of mine but the factory styling still looks better to me.

RTX is FAR more advanced than just the appearance vs VHX.
Any data you display on the LED data screen can appear in real time on the free DD smartphone app too!
Here's an example:
Screenshot_20220422-160255_Dakota Digital Automotive.jpg

Here's 2 videos that show my RTX 70 Roadrunner Rally dash.
More color combos of backlighting, needle, and guage colors. Fire and Ice is my daytime (lights off) color, lights on switches it to red, so as to not interfere with my night vision.

Auto Transport Service
Back