• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dana 60 yoke upgrade

Polara 500 707

Local time
7:03 AM
Reaction score
Alright gentlemen. Planning/hoping for some black Friday deals. I’ve got a 1969 Dana 60 from a Plymouth GTX. 3:54 gears and sure grip. It’s going in my 1964 Polara with a 6.1 SRT motor that I will likely put a cam in. Guessing around 460 to 475 hp when it’s done. Nothing too crazy. Since I’m going to have the rearend gone through, should I look into upgrading the yoke? If so, what size? As always, any and all input is appreciated!

I don't think a Dana 60 needs any upgrades to handle the HP you are talking about.

Unless your yoke is damaged, use it. Even if you had sticky wrinkle wall slicks, the stock yoke is stout enough.

I suggest a 1350 forged yoke. May be a little overkill, but if you do get that itch for mo power, you have a stouter rear axle. You NEVER want a broken drive shaft or U joint. I know.

I convert all mine over to the 1350 as well. Like Jerry stated though, you will probably be just fine with the stock set up. Just a little insurance policy in my mind. I also install a driveshaft loop as another added precaution. My motors put out a little more power than yours 500-575 hp.

Auto Transport Service
Back