• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dana 60

I have seen recent info about a different kind of Dana rears installed in 68-69 B-bodies. Dana 50-51 maybe ??? I think Uncle Tony done a video about.
There was a 3.31 gear available in the other Dana rears.

Gus

I have seen recent info about a different kind of Dana rears installed in 68-69 B-bodies. Dana 50-51 maybe ??? I think Uncle Tony done a video about.
There was a 3.31 gear available in the other Dana rears.

Gus
I believe a Dana 53 was available in 67 or 68 C bodies.

I agree on the 16's or less, but 3/4" minus that 16th makes some difference on the wheel wells of a 66-67. We did everything in the day to get more tire under our 66-67 B bodies. Just one of those things I wanted to know. I have a 68 Dana, but am into correctness on my 67. Everything said and done, I know the drain plug is the easy thing to spot for the difference.
If you had a Charger, they take fairly wide tires, without altering the wheelwells.

I know this is an old thread but that looks like more like a Dana 44. Does it have a pad and holes for a pinion snubber?
Thought I would jump in on this as the same questions have just come to light with my Super Bee. When purchased was told the rear end was a Dana 60. There are 10 bolts holding the ring gear cover on as shown in the attached picture however no holes or mounting bracket on top of the center section so am hoping at the least this is a true Mopar Dana 60 and not a Dana salvaged from a Ford. I was told the rear end had been narrowed a bit but not sure if it was narrowed to accommodate the rear disc brakes or the Steelies with the 295/55 tires.
1702869534818.jpeg

Thought I would jump in on this as the same questions have just come to light with my Super Bee. When purchased was told the rear end was a Dana 60. There are 10 bolts holding the ring gear cover on as shown in the attached picture however no holes or mounting bracket on top of the center section so am hoping at the least this is a true Mopar Dana 60 and not a Dana salvaged from a Ford. I was told the rear end had been narrowed a bit but not sure if it was narrowed to accommodate the rear disc brakes or the Steelies with the 295/55 tires. View attachment 1574865
That is a Dana 60

Thought I would jump in on this as the same questions have just come to light with my Super Bee. When purchased was told the rear end was a Dana 60. There are 10 bolts holding the ring gear cover on as shown in the attached picture however no holes or mounting bracket on top of the center section so am hoping at the least this is a true Mopar Dana 60 and not a Dana salvaged from a Ford. I was told the rear end had been narrowed a bit but not sure if it was narrowed to accommodate the rear disc brakes or the Steelies with the 295/55 tires. View attachment 1574865
Ford or not, a D60 is a D60 but a truck rear generally won't have a provision to bolt on a snubber.

Ford or not, a D60 is a D60 but a truck rear generally won't have a provision to bolt on a snubber.
My rear end has no provision to bolt a snubber on as well however as I am not planning on racing the car a snubber probably wouldn't be necessary. If the Dana did come out of a truck wouldn't the housing be larger as well as having more than 5 wheel studs?

My rear end has no provision to bolt a snubber on as well however as I am not planning on racing the car a snubber probably wouldn't be necessary. If the Dana did come out of a truck wouldn't the housing be larger as well as having more than 5 wheel studs?
Not if it was modified to go into the car. I've modified several Dana 60s over the years that were truck housings. If a Dana 60 came from the factory in a Chrysler product car it would have the mount for the snubber....

Would a Dana 60 salvaged from a truck have more that 5 wheel studs as well a larger center section?
A Dana 60 Center section is the same size no matter if it came in a car or a truck.... the 60 comes with the 9 3/4 inch ring gear no matter if it came in a truck or car.

If it doesn't have pinion snubber bolt holes, then it is not a chrysler passenger car rear end.
Could it be an aftermarket Dana or would an aftermarket Dana still have the holes to accommodate the pinion snubber mounting bracket and if not a Chrysler passenger car rear end I would then assume the rear end came out of a truck which should have more than 5 wheel studs and a larger diameter center section.

Not if it was modified to go into the car. I've modified several Dana 60s over the years that were truck housings. If a Dana 60 came from the factory in a Chrysler product car it would have the mount for the snubber....
What about the center section size if it came out of a truck?

Could it be an aftermarket Dana or would an aftermarket Dana still have the holes to accommodate the pinion snubber mounting bracket and if not a Chrysler passenger car rear end I would then assume the rear end came out of a truck which should have more than 5 wheel studs and a larger diameter center section.
when you modify a truck housing for a car you're not going to run the same axles as the truck uses. Most 3/4 ton use 8 lug axles and it's pretty hard to get a racing wheel with eight holes....

when you modify a truck housing for a car you're not going to run the same axles as the truck uses. Most 3/4 ton use 8 lug axles and it's pretty hard to get a racing wheel with eight holes....
Per the car show sign the car has Mosier axles which I'm sure only come with 5 wheel studs. On a 3/4 ton truck would the diameter of the center section be larger than with a passenger car?

Per the car show sign the car has Mosier axles which I'm sure only come with 5 wheel studs. On a 3/4 ton truck would the diameter of the center section be larger than with a passenger car?
They are the same.

Auto Transport Service
Back