• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dana

Status
Not open for further replies.

runner4b5

Local time
4:06 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
For sale complete dana rear end for 71-74 b bodies new, bought a couple of years ago for a project that never got off the ground, complete from rotors to rotors,yes disc brake setup, never even taken off the pallet, 410 gears. E brake setup there ready to install. I paid about 2k looking for $1,500.00 firm plus shipping, may fit 1970??? It's up to you to check that for sure. Thanks Dennis. I may be going to Carlisle so if I do I will be able to deliver to there.

If its factory, it will have the mounting holes for the snubber.

You guys where right IT DOES NOT have provisions (threaded holes) for pinion snubber I wish I had asked that question before I bought it 2 years ago. It would have been ok for my project because I was going to have a link suspention . But now i'm sure it's not going to appeal to the majority of fellow B body only members. But it is what it is !!! Sorry for any inconveinces I wasn't trying to put anything over on anybody. I didn't even think to look at it Till last week, my bad. Thanks Dennis

Just get a snubber for it, mark and drill the holes, done deal!!

Price drop for Dana $1,350.00 plus shipping its still on the original pallet I recieved it on. If I remmember correctly the shipping wasn't too bad.

You guys where right IT DOES NOT have provisions (threaded holes) for pinion snubber I wish I had asked that question before I bought it 2 years ago. It would have been ok for my project because I was going to have a link suspention . But now i'm sure it's not going to appeal to the majority of fellow B body only members. But it is what it is !!! Sorry for any inconveinces I wasn't trying to put anything over on anybody. I didn't even think to look at it Till last week, my bad. Thanks Dennis

Just get a snubber for it, mark and drill the holes, done deal!!
Not that easy...the ones made for cars has a machined boss for the mount and had extra material cast into the housing for the machining operation.

......mount a MP adjustable snubber on the floorpan above the nose. You may have to reinforce the floor pan area first. This will work great on all but a numbers resto.

Damn Cranky, I didn't know that. Thats cool to know. So nothing is machined on the housing to lay a snubber on and mark for some holes? This is why I like this forum, people share knowledge to help us uninformed folks out. Thanks Cranky, you the man, lol!!

Price Drop $1,200.00 or trade for 8 3/4 489 case center cection and banjo and axels in 355s only must be like new or new.

I have a 489 8 3/4 with 4.10 posi to swap.

It does have a pinion snubber !!!

Sorry no I have 410s now in my 8 3/4 and the Dana I want to trade, I also have 323s , 430s , 391s , and 373s so I really want 355s. Thanks Though

I don't have any idea about 66 b body it was ordered for my 73 Roadrunner, so I would say it's a direct bolt in for 71-71 B Bodies but don't go by me. Please do research. Thanks Dennis

Pinion snubber question

Just post a close-up photo of the nose of the housing and let everyone decide if it can be drilled or not. If you bought this specifically for a car, it should have the stock to mill the flat & drill/tap the holes. Good luck! Wish you were closer to Illinois too!

Damn Cranky, I didn't know that. Thats cool to know. So nothing is machined on the housing to lay a snubber on and mark for some holes? This is why I like this forum, people share knowledge to help us uninformed folks out. Thanks Cranky, you the man, lol!!
Nothing there that can be drilled if it's a truck housing....

Any way to get this in my 66 Coronet???? If so we are close
The rears that came in the 66-67's usually run about 1/2" shorter than the 68-70 rears....just a heads up.

Just post a close-up photo of the nose of the housing and let everyone decide if it can be drilled or not. If you bought this specifically for a car, it should have the stock to mill the flat & drill/tap the holes. Good luck! Wish you were closer to Illinois too!
I would think it should be set up for a car if it was ordered for a car but ya never know until pics are posted but he should see a boss that's machined for the stock type snubber if it's indeed made for a car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back