• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Darrell Scott - Father of Columbine victim sheds light on real issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ask Him...Marla

Um, OK. I'm pretty sure millions of people in this country have asked Him in the last week. The answer they got?

NOTHING.

X2 on 99ss's post. Ban assault weapons. They are designed to kill people. They are not particularly suited for home defense, or hunting. I used to be neutral on people owning assault rifles. Now that 20 children were senselessly murdered by a man who was legally able to carry the weapons he used to kill them, in my opinion this is the end.

That is the issue. It has nothing to do with religion and everything to do with parents. Religion is the the biggest hypocrisy in the world and doesnt stop anyone from killing anyone. People have been murdering people in the name of religion since religion began.
No it comes down to parenting. Hollywood wouldnt be producing movies and tv shows like they do unless people go to see them or watch them.. Which again is parenting.

And sadly guess what... guns do kill people.

Following your logic, large spoons make people fat. After all, large spoons were only designed for one thing, to deliver a large amount of food. A large amount of food makes people fat. Therefore, large spoons make people fat.

We might be better off if we accepted responsibility for our own actions instead of blaming tools for our own misuse of the tool.

Ban assault weapons. They are designed to kill people.

and what, handguns and rifles aren't designed to kill as well?? guns are guns, no matter how they are packaged. it is all the same for handguns, rifles, shotguns and assault rifles...it is the people handling them that is the problem.

Um, OK. I'm pretty sure millions of people in this country have asked Him in the last week. The answer they got?

NOTHING.

X2 on 99ss's post. Ban assault weapons. They are designed to kill people. They are not particularly suited for home defense, or hunting. I used to be neutral on people owning assault rifles. Now that 20 children were senselessly murdered by a man who was legally able to carry the weapons he used to kill them, in my opinion this is the end.

Pretty much the response I expected out of you...you in all you infinite wisdom knows the answer "NOTHING"...well good luck in your belief of there not being a higher authority...something tells me you'll need it...Marla

"NOTHING" is the correct answer...dingdingdingdingdingding:headbang::hello2::happy5::ufo::sunny::icon_smurf::walk::eusa_dance: "....TELL HIM WHAT HEES WON JOHNNYYYYYYYYYYY "

Couldn't agree less with the original post, which 69coronetrt pointed out is part bullshit anyway. I just have one question for anyone who thinks this has anything to do with religion, or the devil, or lack of prayer in schools. Where was God when 20 innocent children were brutally murdered for no reason?

Why do you Liberals insist on making the most inane arguments? You first denounce the influence of religion, then refer to religious influences on human behavior. It's like saying there is no Santa Claus, then asking kids if there is a Santa why didn't you get the gifts you asked for in your letter as proof of your argument. To this context, this is the problem lots of you Liberals have. You equate "God" with moral behavior. I don't believe in any God, or any religion, but I do agree with the need for moral behavior in society. Your reasoning as to if there is a God, why did he let this happen is silly to me since I straight up don't believe in one. God had no more to do with the killings as he/she did to prevent them.

The more important point is the concept of morality, and moral behavior is best taught via the concept or religion. This has been true for thousands of years, which is why the concept was used for so long. Secular teachings haven't fared well because behavior is modified through the use of authority, which works when authority is present but tends to fail when it isn't. This is why I have no problem with religion in the schools. No. it won't work for everyone, but it does work on a majority of kids growing up, and while they may our grow their belief in God, or a specific religion, they tend to maintain a more solid moral background than they would have without a religious influence. But what's really important to me is that I've never had a Liberal explain to me why having religion in school is a bad thing. All they ever point to is their bogus "separation of church and state" argument, which is false on its face.

If the mother had kept her guns in a Gun Safe, would the incident have happened?
Responsible gun ownere should have gun safes. (I do)
Do not let your 4 yr old son play with Mommy's "hot" iron while she is ironing clothes!

WE all understand that one dont we?

I see...so is this ease of changing your mind on things rooted in true convictions to principles or does it just kind of waver over time depending on the circumstances?

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

lol...ban the guns eh..?

you gun ban fools realize that banning them will not stop people that want assault weapons from getting them right..?..banning a item only creates a black market for the item, any item...thus creates more crime, and less rights of good, law abiding citizens....you cannot take away the peoples right to bear arms and expect it to lower crime, or senseless acts like the recent one....Plain and simple, if the man wants to kill alot of people bad enough, he will find a way...gun ban or not...

Pretty much the response I expected out of you...you in all you infinite wisdom knows the answer "NOTHING"...well good luck in your belief of there not being a higher authority...something tells me you'll need it...Marla

Don't know why you'd make a crack that I have "infinite wisdom", because I don't. What I also don't have is proof that God exists. If there is a "higher authority", can you please ask Him why those children died? I'd really like to hear His take on this.

And I didn't say ban all guns. I said ban assault weapons. "ease of changing my mind"... Yeah, I guess something that horrible made it easy to change my mind on the weapon that killed them.

Following your logic, large spoons make people fat. After all, large spoons were only designed for one thing, to deliver a large amount of food. A large amount of food makes people fat. Therefore, large spoons make people fat.

We might be better off if we accepted responsibility for our own actions instead of blaming tools for our own misuse of the tool.

6gju6x.png

Why do you Liberals insist on making the most inane arguments? You first denounce the influence of religion, then refer to religious influences on human behavior. It's like saying there is no Santa Claus, then asking kids if there is a Santa why didn't you get the gifts you asked for in your letter as proof of your argument. To this context, this is the problem lots of you Liberals have. You equate "God" with moral behavior. I don't believe in any God, or any religion, but I do agree with the need for moral behavior in society. Your reasoning as to if there is a God, why did he let this happen is silly to me since I straight up don't believe in one. God had no more to do with the killings as he/she did to prevent them.

The more important point is the concept of morality, and moral behavior is best taught via the concept or religion. This has been true for thousands of years, which is why the concept was used for so long. Secular teachings haven't fared well because behavior is modified through the use of authority, which works when authority is present but tends to fail when it isn't. This is why I have no problem with religion in the schools. No. it won't work for everyone, but it does work on a majority of kids growing up, and while they may our grow their belief in God, or a specific religion, they tend to maintain a more solid moral background than they would have without a religious influence. But what's really important to me is that I've never had a Liberal explain to me why having religion in school is a bad thing. All they ever point to is their bogus "separation of church and state" argument, which is false on its face.

You can cut out the "you liberals this" stuff whenever, Bru. It just gets in the way of an intelligent argument, which I know you're all about. I'll explain why religion in school is a bad thing IMHO. Religion is a personal choice to me. Therefore I will be teaching my kids that it is their personal choice whether they believe in God or not, which religion they choose to follow, etc. I don't want any religion to be part of the curriculum in their public school, because that gets in the way of giving them that freedom to form their own beliefs. I would be fine with a moment of silence in school- kids can then pray, meditate, think about whatever they choose to. But to dictate that one religion or a type of belief or a certain prayer is part of the school program is not appropriate. This is not coming from political correctness, it's coming from my very strong belief that Religion is one of the most personal choices a person can make, and it's up to each of us to make that choice, not have anyone else do it for us.

Friend of mine occasionally sends out a devotional type email. Thought yall would like to read it. Seems appropriate. We as a society have been removing our lord and saviour from everything in this country, and then have the odacity (spelling?) to ask where he was when something like this happens. Howdy all,
Today’s verse: Lord, I have heard of your fame; I stand in awe of your deeds, O Lord. Renew them in our day, in our time make them known; in wrath remember mercy. Habakkuk 3:2
Oh Lord, what releases the sleeping pen? What stirs the winter soul? Shall I write of this? May you speak to our hearts as our senses reach for the answers? Why God? Is it possible for us to ask where were you? May I ask if you were there?
Did you place peace upon those little children as the darkness lifted his hand to point at each frightened face? Oh my great and merciful God, please tell me that you sat yourself into each of those 1[SUP]st[/SUP] grade hearts and restored their hope that they would be held again. Lord, when they faced a fear unknown, did you engulf them with your peace? Lord, please tell us that you have them in your hand. Tell us their face to face encounter with the manifestation of today America is now comforted with the hand of Jesus walking them through the streets of no sorrow, no pain, no fear, and the reality of an eternity of truth and love.
Please Lord, tell me that you are still here. Father tell me that you have not abandoned us to ourselves. Yes, I know. Yes, I know. We – we as an America – we – we as a labeled “anointed” – we as a Church ---- it is we who have left – IT IS WE WHO HAVE ABANDONED. It is we who have abandoned your ways. It is we who have abandoned your Name. The great I Am has became the name which is whispered and our America now screams the protection and acceptance of each stream of darkness that Hell delivers through the borders that was once guarded by your Holy and Annointed Church.
Yes, Lord, I hear that it is I, not the Great I AM, who has left. It is I who has more interest in guarding my boundaries and family than standing and screaming that WE HAVE ABANDONED OUR GOD and our children now live in a world that is a reflection of us. It is me – It is my church – It is we who have become so weak that we have allowed our Nation, our world to be ruled from Hell. It is I who allows the misfits of evil to become elected to rule our America. It is I who allows my tithes to be sent to other nations that have more reverence for God than our Nation of today. God was it I – God was it today’s American Church – was it actually our weakness and our acceptance that entered that school of innocence and placed unimaginable fear and tears into those precious children? Were we so involved in ourselves that we did not reach the demon tormented man who loaded the bullets that ultimately rested in the bodies of our children?
Yes, Lord, I hear – YOU were there. You were there to place a miraculous peace upon the lives that we as a Nation, a Church, and we as individual Christians have abandoned.
Though You, our great and merciful God, comfort our lost children; though you have now pulled the small hands that covered their eyes and placed them upon the majesty which they now live; though You can only look upon us through the cross of Your Son; You, our only Hope desire for us to see – You desire for us to hear. Thank you my God. Please Speak. Please Speak.
The Great I Am – As we look into the eyes of the world which we have become – Please Speak.
The God that created the world calls upon One – He calls upon One person, One Church, One town, One State, One Nation to come to Him. The God that raises my pen this day, calls upon One to see what we have become and is willing to stand and proclaim Him into a world that has abandoned Him. The Great I Am will remain The Great I Am whether we choose to return or not. God will continue to eternally and magnificently heal the wounds of the innocent.
This week, 20 innocent and young lives faced the fear and horror of a world that we have become. This week, I questioned God.
This day – God questions me. This day – God questions His Church. This day – God questions America. This day – God questions you
Where have you gone? Where were YOU?
Today’s prayer: Father, too many times through our history, you have blessed the created beyond what we deserve. Too many times, we have abandoned you. Father, mercifully forgive us. Father, miraculously restore us. Father, supernaturally empower us to carry your name once again. Father, I reach my hand to your Heaven and ask that you place your hand upon the cheeks of the children which faced such fear this week. I ask that you tell them that we are sorry for allowing their world to become so evil.
Father, please forgive us for being so weak and allowing evil to take our children.
Country Side

Here's a little education, for those who don't know... Much like a car that is modified or options added at the dealership, to make it understandable to those here in the car world... A Semi Automatic Assault Riffles/Hand Guns {gas operated mechanisms bolt/firing pins} firearms/weapons/guns, they are just semi-automatic firearms/guns, in a different looking package, Semi Auto Assault riffles are no different than any semi-automatic, hunting or target rifle &/or pistol, just packaged differently, or where large capacity magazines/clips is the norm, that aren't legal for hunting with large capacity magazine/clips, or more than 3 bullets at any time ever, no matter the size of the magazine/clip, but they are legal to own, as long as you don't have a prison or certain criminal record, are on a no buy watch list of some sort, to make them unavailable to you... In my opinion, way too many people uneducated in firearms or of what type & styles, then those very uneducated people on the subject of firearms, seem to all confuse the difference between semi-automatic & full automatic "machine guns", even in the assault-weapon style of packaging/options, it's just a lighter version, dressed up &/or different looking firearm, the mechanicals are exactly the same as a hunting rifle/handgun, you still have to pull the trigger, for every bullet discharged, not just hold it down like an Fully Automatic/Machine Gun, that don't seem to get the same attention... Fully Automatic Weapons are tools of war & are completely different guns/firearms, should be regulated & only used by, properly trained police & military & a special permit are required by law in every state, they are very very tough to get too {except easier to get/own in Texas, remember the cover up washed under the rug, from Att.Gen. Eric Holder/Pres. Obama sighting executive privalges to protect them both, Fast & Furious, weapons walking across borders scandal/murders, 100's died, where were all the Liberals on that one, how many people are dead because of that political debacle, a little hypocrisy there}, it's only the criminals that own them "with out the proper permits".... Education is the key here... The main steam left wing uneducated media, doesn't help with all the uneducated misinformed or lack of the proper knowledge or outright deception on the subject either...

Attachments

• Guns In America Guns Journalists guide to guns.jpg
    Guns In America Guns Journalists guide to guns.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 116
  • Guns Don't Kill.jpg
    Guns Don't Kill.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 135

Following your logic, a nuclear bomb is just a tool. As long as we accept responsibility for our actions, we should be able to build a nuclear bomb for personal defense. Don't blame the nuclear bomb if one gets detonated by some random nutball. Nuclear bombs don't kill people, people kill people.

I don't know how many people heard about the other incident that happened the same day in China. Where 22 children were stabbed with a knife at school does that mean we should ban those as well?

I don't know how many people heard about the other incident that happened the same day in China. Where 22 children were stabbed with a knife at school does that mean we should ban those as well?

absolutely...all chinese children should be banned!

None of them died. There is a slight difference between a knife and an AR-15 Assault Rifle.

Following your logic, a nuclear bomb is just a tool. As long as we accept responsibility for our actions, we should be able to build a nuclear bomb for personal defense. Don't blame the nuclear bomb if one gets detonated by some random nutball. Nuclear bombs don't kill people, people kill people.

Yes, nukes (NW) are are tools just like many other tools invented by man. A tool is pretty much neutral in it's use. It is how it is implemented that makes a difference. As far as personal defense, I guess if you feel all of North Korea will invade your home at once and you have a need to kill millions of people all at once and it was legal and practical to own NW, then sure...go for it.

Would you be in favor of banning all tools that if used improperly will kill? Some medicines if used improperly kill. Would you ban all medicines because some can kill? Would you ban all books because some are inflamitory or incite riots? Would you ban Kool Aid because of Jim Jones? Fertilizer because of Tim McVey? Clowns because of John Wayne Gacy?

The problem with the 'ban' argument is stated above. While it seems logical on it's face, it's incredibly simplistic. Quick. Easy. And requires little thought. History has proven IT DOESN'T WORK. Especially in a free society. Banning anything has never solved the problem of human beings being, well, human.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back