• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Darrell Scott - Father of Columbine victim sheds light on real issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tirefryin-Bob

Local time
3:24 AM
Reaction score
Darrell Scott, the father of Rachel Scott, a victim of the Columbine High School shootings in Littleton, Colorado, was invited to address the House Judiciary Committee's sub-committee.

What he said to our national leaders during this special session of Congress was painfully truthful. They were not prepared for what he was to say, nor was it received well. It needs to be heard by every parent, every teacher, every politician, every sociologist, every psychologist, and every so-called expert!

These courageous words spoken by Darrell Scott are powerful, penetrating, and deeply personal. There is no doubt that God sent this man as a voice crying in the wilderness. The following is a portion of the transcript:

"Since the dawn of creation there has been both good & evil in the hearts of men and women. We all contain the seeds of kindness or the seeds of violence. The death of my wonderful daughter, Rachel Joy Scott, and the deaths of that heroic teacher, and the other eleven children who died must not be in vain. Their blood cries out for answers." "The first recorded act of violence was when Cain slew his brother Abel out in the field.

The villain was not the club he used. Neither was it the NCA, the National Club Association. The true killer was Cain, and the reason for the murder could only be found in Cain's heart. "In the days that followed the Columbine tragedy, I was amazed at how quickly fingers began to be pointed at groups such as the NRA.

I am not a member of the NRA. I am not a hunter. I do not even own a gun. I am not here to represent or defend the NRA - because I don't believe that they are responsible for my daughter's death. Therefore I do not believe that they need to be defended. If I believed they had anything to do with Rachel's murder I would be their strongest opponent."

"I am here today to declare that Columbine was not just a tragedy-it was a spiritual event that should be forcing us to look at where the real blame lies! Much of the blame lies here in this room.

Much of the blame lies behind the pointing fingers of the accusers themselves. "I wrote a poem that expresses my feelings best. This was written way before I knew I would be speaking here today:"

Your laws ignore our deepest needs,
Your words are empty air.
You've stripped away our heritage,
You've outlawed simple prayer.

Now gunshots fill our classrooms,
And precious children die.
You seek for answers everywhere,
And ask the question "Why?"

You regulate restrictive laws,
Through legislative creed.
And yet you fail to understand,
That God is what we need!

"Men and women are three-part beings. We all consist of body, soul, and spirit. When we refuse to acknowledge a third part of our make-up, we create a void that allows evil, prejudice, and hatred to rush in and wreak havoc. Spiritual influences were present within our educational systems for most of our nation's history. Many of our major colleges began as theological seminaries. This is a historical fact.

What has happened to us as a nation? We have refused to honor God, and in so doing, we open the doors to hatred and violence. And when something as terrible as Columbine's tragedy occurs politicians immediately look for a scapegoat such as the NRA. They immediately seek to pass more restrictive laws that contribute to erode away our personal and private liberties.

We do not need more restrictive laws." Eric and Dylan would not have been stopped by metal detectors. No amount of gun laws can stop someone who spends months planning this type of massacre. The real villain lies within our own hearts.

Political posturing and restrictive legislation are not the answers. The young people of our nation hold the key. There is a spiritual awakening taking place that will not be squelched! We do not need more religion. We do not need more gaudy television evangelists spewing out verbal religious garbage. We do not need more million dollar church buildings built while people with basic needs are being ignored.

We do need a change of heart and a humble acknowledgment that this nation was founded on the principle of simple trust in God!" "As my son Craig lay under that table in the school library and saw his two friends murdered before his very eyes, He did not hesitate to pray in school. I defy any law or politician to deny him that right!

I challenge every young person in America, and around the world, to realize that on April 20, 1999, at Columbine High School prayer was brought back to our schools. Do not let the many prayers offered by those students be in vain. Dare to move into the new millennium with a sacred disregard for legislation that violates your God-given right to communicate with Him. To those of you who would point your finger at the NRA- I give to you a sincere challenge.

Dare to examine your own heart before casting the first stone! My daughter's death will not be in vain! The young people of this country will not allow that to happen!"

powerful words

:iamwithstupid: Wow extremely powerful words, that is a great insight/perspective, I couldn't agree any more, I'm not really a religious person either, but our society has been eroded, piece by piece, our morals have gone to ****, for the last 40 or so years with the petty hypocritical political rhetoric now festering in Washington DC & especially so, the last 6 or so years, eroding at our nations moral fiber all for the sake of getting votes, we are going back wards, just for a vote/ideology one persons political wishes/vision or a select group running & ruining our country, IMHO we all have severely compromised & sacrificed our moral values as a nation.... He is a very wise man...

we have kicked god out of this country. At one time this great country of ours was the moral compass of the world, the world looked to us for we were surely blessed by god. now we are the perveyours of everything we stood against and the world hates us. we have lost our compass and if we dont try and get this country back on the correct path then we will be judged.

Have any of you ever been to a Rachels Challenge program. It was probably the most powerful experience of my adult life. Even now years later I try to show kindness even when i.m mad. Because of her. An angel sent to teach us that love is more powerful than hate.The familys wisdom has to be spiritually guided. And those that laugh and sneer at this I will not rise to anger against you but instead will offer a prayer for you. For it doesnt matter if you believe. It matters to me that I believe.

Have any of you ever been to a Rachels Challenge program. It was probably the most powerful experience of my adult life. Even now years later I try to show kindness even when i.m mad. Because of her. An angel sent to teach us that love is more powerful than hate.The familys wisdom has to be spiritually guided. And those that laugh and sneer at this I will not rise to anger against you but instead will offer a prayer for you. For it doesnt matter if you believe. It matters to me that I believe.

I would totally agree with daredevil. Our school started Rachel's Challenge a year and a half ago. The initial presentation was life changing. We had The brother of Darell Scott here and it was an emotional experience. I can't speak to how the kids perceived this program, but I felt it was a very powerful message.

i believe that alot of violence is kids playing all these violen video games with killing and cop killing etc...... kids to spend more time playing out side instead of on there asses playing violent games!!!!!!

Yup, that's a part of it for sure. That coupled with hollywood and shitty parents.

its not the guns that kill its the hatred people who kill i used to be a active hunter n a gun colector and never in my worts day would even think of killing any on or even slaughter those innocent children and teachers they were plain n simple slaughered maybe teachers should be able to carry guns just somthing to think about

I'm an Agnostic now, and never was a big church goer as my parents rarely ever went. When I was ten, my father asked me a kinda odd question given our religious leanings. He asked me "if you found evidence that Jesus Christ never existed, what would you do with it?" My answer was I would destroy it. I said that not because I wanted to protect religion, or a church, but because even then I had learned that religion brought stability to us. It taught us morals, and more importantly to live morally. I knew a lot of people who did a lot of things not because they had to, but because they wanted to because they viewed them as the right thing to do because of their religion, and why would anyone ever want to end that?

Human nature, in fact nature itself, directs us to always follow the path of least resistance, be it right or wrong. Something as simple as electrons will deviate their path through the air by six to seven thousand feet because it's easier to pass through 200 feet of steel submarine than 200 feet of air. That's how basic the principal is. Smart folks thousands of years ago realized that everyone taking the path of least resistance can cause a lot of problems when you're talking about a society, and came up with ways to prevent that from happening. They developed weapons, they developed laws, and they developed religion to influence behavior when laws or weapons couldn't. The presence of an all-seeing, all-knowing, entity whose wrath was feared could influence behavior when law enforcers or weapons weren't available, and these moderations on basic behaviors became the moral fiber that dictates a lot of our modern behaviors.

But take away the fear of that all-seeing, all-knowing, entity, and we're back to weapons and laws, and unlike an invisible God, they can't be everywhere at once. So when the law or weapons can stop someone from immoral behavior, they get stopped. And when they can't stop them, they happen. Simple as that. Society lost a huge influence over the behavior of people when they started taking religion out of the equation.

shitty parents.

That is the issue. It has nothing to do with religion and everything to do with parents. Religion is the the biggest hypocrisy in the world and doesnt stop anyone from killing anyone. People have been murdering people in the name of religion since religion began.
No it comes down to parenting. Hollywood wouldnt be producing movies and tv shows like they do unless people go to see them or watch them.. Which again is parenting.

And sadly guess what... guns do kill people. I am so sick and tired of that lame *** statement .... guns dont kill people ... GUNS KILL PEOPLE and the weapons used these last two times were designed excactly for that. TO kill as many as possible as quickly as possible.

I dont care who you think you are or what rights you think you have. Weapons designed for mass destruction like the AR-15 have no place on our streets or in private residents homes. Simple as that and any reasonable person can see that.
IMO if you want a weapon like that you should have to have a special permit and all who live with you or could come in contact with your weapons should be pychologicaly tested the same way they test police people before issuing them a weapon. Its ludicrous that cops get tested and psycopaths dont. If you dont like it to bad move to another country we the responsible parents are sick of jackasses letting our kids get killed because they think thay have a right to overwleming firepower. Laws are in place to protect. Its time we made some that actually work.

- - - Updated - - -

its not the guns that kill its the hatred people who kill i used to be a active hunter n a gun colector and never in my worts day would even think of killing any on or even slaughter those innocent children and teachers they were plain n simple slaughered maybe teachers should be able to carry guns just somthing to think about

That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Guess what ... the teacher at the school who was a gun enthusiast is the reason those kids were killed. She taught him how to kill and supplied him with the weapons. He was mentally unstable. I'll gauranty that he and his mother are not the only ones in similar situations as well. Parents and its been my experience especialy mothers are in denial about their kids 99.9% of the time. "My kids would never do that"

Lets arm eveyone inluding babys in daycare... Sorry but more guns are on the streets now than ever before and it hasnt stopped a thing but we do have more acts like this than ever before. Logic would suggest getting rid of the class of guns that are used to kill people. You dont need anything more than a shotgun for home self defense.

Weapons like the AR-15 should be kept under lock and key and at centers where they can be controlled. You go to the center blast away and go home without the gun. You get to have your fun, public gets to be safe. If you cant see the need for that then you are blind deaf dumb and stupid. And guess what my opinion will win out in this battle, there will be meaningful laws developed.

Couldn't agree less with the original post, which 69coronetrt pointed out is part bullshit anyway.

I just have one question for anyone who thinks this has anything to do with religion, or the devil, or lack of prayer in schools.

Where was God when 20 innocent children were brutally murdered for no reason?

Couldn't agree less with the original post, which 69coronetrt pointed out is part bullshit anyway.

I just have one question for anyone who thinks this has anything to do with religion, or the devil, or lack of prayer in schools.

Where was God when 20 innocent children were brutally murdered for no reason?

Ask Him...Marla

I respect the man's opinion. However, the modern world is safer than it has ever been in human history, so it would seem that the facts dont support his opinion.

oh yeah, let's just legislate the hell out of everything and not have any personal responsibility anymore. the govt knows better than us, so let's give up control of everything to them.

and all these guns "on the street" that are killing people everyday (see: Chicago) do you think they're legal?? hell no. they buy illegal guns and kill themselves and any innocent people that happen to be around. and the innocent people cant defend themselves because guns are illegal in the city. and the city wants MORE gun control?? WTF.

i don't roam more than 20 feet from my front door without packing. legal or not, i dont give a ****. go ahead arrest me, it's better than being dead.

I dont care who you think you are or what rights you think you have.

I know exactly who I am and exactly what my rights are. My rights begin where yours end. That means that I have the right to defend myself, however I choose. We all do. We may not for long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back