• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dart hood scoops

chargerrt340

Local time
1:16 AM
Reaction score
I've had 3 pair of unpainted Super Bee/Dart hood scoops on my Charger over the last 10 years. All 3 have warped in some fashion or another. Is there something I should be doing that I am not? Did the originals warp like this? What can I or should I do? I want to have custom airbrushing done but not if they are going to last a couple years?

Your problem may be the Calif. sun, or it may be the product that you are mounting to the hood..

Ive thought about that and it could be a factor, but it was in oregon for many years, garaged in Cali for the last 3. I am just curious if there is anything I should be doing or is this something I should just count on?

Were these sets of scoops made by Mopar or were they after market? I have never seen a Mopar scoop warp, and I have seen plenty of them on the east coast and in Florida with it's sunny days.

After market from paddock or something. Aren't they all fiberglass? The ones I have on there now are a little twisted i think, but not bad.

Auto Transport Service
Back