• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dash Harness Questions

westie47

Local time
11:24 AM
Reaction score
I bought a new dash harness and found out that they are just a basic harness and didn’t include wiring for any extra options like headlight buzzer, light delay etc.
I’ve gone through the wiring diagram and have chased down most of it but I am stumped by these:
264BB835-9EC5-4E92-AAF2-9A583D2B7A78.jpeg

The red wire is for the cigarette lighter however the lighter itself has two spade connectors on it. Is there a short wire from the lighter to the harness that I’m missing? There’s no place for the power wire to plug in to.
A569E3C2-5360-483A-BB24-A41D55573E52.jpeg

According to the wiring diagram, these two ends go to the left/right door switches but it’s not long enough. It’s quite a bit of messy wiring, how’s from map light, timer delay, etc.
should I just run a wire from each door switch to here?
DDD95452-43C2-4AF7-9AC3-253502BDEB5C.jpeg

Last is the wiper switch and washer fluid connectors. The wiper switch is obvious but the wiring diagram shows one brown wire from the washer fluid to wiper switch and the other brown wire to the bulkhead.
My harness has two pairs of brown wires with the same connectors. Can’t figure out which ones go where.
Any advice is appreciated.

The lighter should have a post so that may have been changed out sometime.
On the door switch wiring I believe those 2 spade terminals you show should go to the right door. Should be another set for the left door. Does your door switches have one or two spades on them?
You might have to ring out the brown wires to see which one goes to the washer switch.

The lighter should have a post so that may have been changed out sometime.
On the door switch wiring I believe those 2 spade terminals you show should go to the right door. Should be another set for the left door. Does your door switches have one or two spades on them?
You might have to ring out the brown wires to see which one goes to the washer switch.
Not sure, I’ll check them.

The factory harness had the 2 brown wires one that connects to the washer switch and one connects to the 3 speed wiper switch if that was what the car had, the if not, then it stays disconnected and tucked out of the way. You will probably have to ohm out the 2 to see where the other end is so you connect the right one to the washer pump switch and the other to the 3 speed wiper switch if needed.

The factory harness had the 2 brown wires one that connects to the washer switch and one connects to the 3 speed wiper switch if that was what the car had, the if not, then it stays disconnected and tucked out of the way. You will probably have to ohm out the 2 to see where the other end is so you connect the right one to the washer pump switch and the other to the 3 speed wiper switch if needed.
I have the two speed wiper switch so does that extra connector on the switch stay disconnected?

Auto Transport Service
Back