• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dash

Status
Not open for further replies.

fofo1946

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:27 PM
Reaction score
Can you install a dash with the windshield in ? The car is 1968 sattelite sport convertible. And how is it fastened? Help:eusa_snooty:

The standard way for removal and replacement of the dash is with the window out.
it is fastened with 5 clips and screws along the top under the window gasket and two on the side of the pillars at bottom of the dash. Some have been moving the clips from the body to the dash and turning the clip upside down and screwing the dash in from the underside but you do have to shorten the screws to prevent them from bulging the gasket.

I wouled like to try this method of screwing the dash into place by reversing the screws. Some how i have a feeling your going to crack the glass. Tell me I am wrong. If it works it makes life easier..

Thanks for the idea,I am going to tye it just have find the right clips and screws.

I can see it working as long as you use screws just long enough to fully engage the clips and not stick through more than an 1/8" or so. The only drawback would be getting to the screws from under the dash but it would be nice for removing the dash when needed

Had to pull the windshield out could not get at all the mouunting holes.Thanks for the help. Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back