• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

dash

sdyer233

Local time
4:38 PM
Reaction score
how hard would i be to switch the gauges from standard to rally in my 73 charger. i already have the rally cluster. is any extreme modification needed? i know nothing about wiring.

Before I would go out and spend a lot on a new harness, is there any way to modify the old harness to work? The gozintos and the gozouttos are the same, just different locations. If you're not worried about doing a perfect resto, or keeping the car original (and since you're replacing the dash I'm guessing you aren't), I would just modify the existing harness.

Hell . I see people selling used dash harnesses all the time at swap meets. Could probably find one there too.

it is posible to convert your standard harness onto rallye harness as far you can find all sockets, terminals and you are handy with electrical work and diagrams.

However the easier and maybe in fact cheaper on the long way is get a correct used harness for it. No matter if some damages since mostly of your standard harness will work to fix whatever the rallye harness has damaged

take in mind get the correct year too.

71 is one year only harness.

72-73 works the same however I advice to confirm the matching wiring between engine bay and cab.

74 is another diff monster

cluster year makes no difference, is the car, due a diff equippment.

being a 73 you have it easier, 2 years production similarities plus 73 was the biggest produced ever

Auto Transport Service
Back