• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

David Lindley Won't Be Down (dang)

Richard Davis

Local time
12:53 AM
Reaction score
This one really hurts. David was probably best known to the masses by his solo on the live version of Jackson Browne's "Running On Empty". His musical style was indescribable. I saw him several times in the '80's and after the show I wanted to rush home, get behind my drum kit and play/experiment with rhythms and patterns I never tried before. He was inspirational. He played with (contributed to) a long list of major artists. He was musician's musician.

David Lindley Dies

They say he was a multi-instrumentalist, a better word would be maxi-instrumentalist.

Mercury Blues

R.I.P.

He was a friend of mine as well. Sold him a few target revolvers in the late 80's. He loved Japan.
Funny guy. He had a recording studio in his house in Claremont, Ca.
Sad to hear him go.. God bless Mr. Dave...

Damn!!! All these artists of music and acting are dropping so fast. He was a favorite musician of mine throughout the years. RIP David...cr8crshr/Bill :praying::praying::praying::usflag::usflag::usflag:

Rest In Peace!

Auto Transport Service
Back