• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mojo Nixon will not be down for breakfast

YY1

Local time
2:15 AM
Reaction score
Mr. Nixon, who described himself as a mix of Foghorn Leghorn, Elvis Presley and Otis Campbell (Mayberry’s town drunk on “The Andy Griffith Show”), came to national prominence in 1987, when he released his third studio album, “Bo-Day-Shus!!!,” with washboard player and multi-instrumentalist Skid Roper. The record featured the duo’s signature fusion of rockabilly, blues and punk, and was buoyed by the rollicking novelty song “Elvis Is Everywhere,” which catalogued the omnipresence of the King.

Mr. Nixon, who died Feb. 7 at 66, managed to be a rock-and-roll rebel as well as a music-industry jester. Hooting and hollering with a voice that could slip into an good-natured growl, he sang rowdy songs about sex, alcohol, celebrities and politics; took aim at conservative lawmakers as well as “mealy-mouthed do-good politically correct fools”; and showed a talent for the unexpected lyric, rhyming “lawyers” with “evil weasel poseurs” in a song about his hatred of the legal profession.

I'm pretty sure the first I heard was "Disaster Magnets" which was, of course about trailer parks.

I've been searching and can't find it, though.

Michael J. Fox has no Elvis in him.

Elvis in Las Vegas - Thank you very much.gif

was that guy a parody guy ?
Never even heard that name, ever

RIP Mojo

Rest in peace!

IMG_0142.jpeg

Pretty outside the box.

I first became a fan of Mojo while listening to the Outlaw Country station on Sirius radio about 15 years ago. He was a very talented on air personality with a "no holds barred" attitude and never cared about what other people thought about his program. He used to do a weekly NASCAR show called Manifold Destiny where he would address all the stupid antics of the crybabies that were getting into the sport. My favorite weekly show of his was a political show where he pulled no punches at any party or issue. It was called "Liars and Cocksuckers" and it made me laugh so hard my sides would ache. The man was an evil genius and he made my drive home everyday enjoyable driving through Akron traffic.
I was very sad to hear he died on the Outlaw Country cruise but he died just after a day of interviews and a set of music.
I will miss Mojo and I hope they will continue to play his interviews and uncensored view of the world.
RIP Mojo you will be missed.
Gus

Auto Transport Service
Back