• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daytona Automatic Shifter Knob

turbine68rt

Turbine Bronze Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:33 AM
Reaction score
I'm trying to settle a slight dispute and wanted to turn to the experts for an answer. When equipped with a console automatic, did the '69 Daytona use the '66-'68 style chrome knob & button, or the woodgrain knob and black button? I'm seeing both while doing web searches. I just assumed the chrome knob was phased out after the '68 MY.

Looking around you can see some 66-68 knobs on factory literature and filmstrips for 1969 model year but they didn’t come on the cars that way.

Daytona came out at the half year and they were all woodgrain ball and black button by then.

came across this article when I was researching about Daytona cars when I was thinking about buying one. This Daytona has the chrome shifter knob. Check the pictures out in the article.

https://www.motortrend.com/vehicle-genres/1969-dodge-daytona-original-barn-find-details-photos/

027-1969-dodge-daytona-steering-wheel.jpg

032-1969-dodge-daytona-shifter.jpg

I wonder at what point during the '69 run they started using the woodgrain knob.

Auto Transport Service
Back