• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daytona Beach!!!!

Joe Palmer

Local time
1:01 PM
Reaction score
We made it down today. I will share the B-bodies we come across!

PXL_20211125_203526198.MP_2 (2).jpg

Go Florida!
They let you drive on the beach?

I am visiting the other side of the state

Go Florida!
You can drive on the beach, and park for some sunshine on lots of the beaches in the daytona area....you have to pay...but the beaches are crowded on event weekends

Go north to St Augustine - they only charge for beach access during "the season". Now, off-season, it's a freebie. Nice drive up A1A, lots of hole-in-the-wall bars and eateries along the way.

cool beach photo too :thumbsup:

enjoy your time there

Go north to St Augustine - they only charge for beach access during "the season". Now, off-season, it's a freebie. Nice drive up A1A, lots of hole-in-the-wall bars and eateries along the way.
Dont be in a hurry... LOTS of Snow birds and other traffic

Go Florida!
You can drive on lots of beaches in Texas but not any in Galveston. Used to be able to drive off the end of the seawall on West Beach doing 80. Nice ramp down then a smooth transition to the sand as you landed. Could maintain about 2 feet of air for over 50 feet before touching down. Nowadays, there's no more beach. In the early 70's, the water was a good 75 feet past the sea wall now it's 75 feet to the other side and the ramp down goes straight into the water. Been years since going down there so no telling how far inland the water is....

Just make sure you leave before the tide comes in!
Helped a LOT of guys get their cars unstuck from the sand but there was always someone that didn't get out and the cars just sank deeper and deeper over time. Almost got stuck too one time and it scared me pretty good.

cool beach photo too :thumbsup:

enjoy your time there
Dang!! Shortest reply from Bud since he became a member!!! LOL

I was down there one time, our conversion van didn't start the next day, starter was packed with salt/sand. Bought a cheap hammer and all was good.

+1. It's been 20 years and I was on my moorsickle so that made the trip more gooder, but see the Spanish fort and the Lighthouse. Empty beaches then.
Nice pic of a nice car!

I can HIGHLY agree with this

We've been to St Augustine maybe 20 times over the past 30 plus years

Auto Transport Service
Back