• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daytona Clone values

NHCharger

Local time
10:27 AM
Reaction score
I am getting close to putting my clone on the road. She's a very nice driver, no trailer queen.
New paint, rebuilt engine and tranny (440/727A), suspension upgrades, all new wiring harnesses, interior is new or very nice used items. I have 40k into it including the sale price and shipping. That's doing all the work myself except for engine and tranny rebuild.
I was thinking around 50k??

wing5-6-1.JPG
wing5-6-2.JPG
wing5-6-3.JPG

I would insure it for at least 25% more than you think. If something happened and you had to build it again, would you do it? What if you weren't able to do it? It is great you saved yourself some money doing it yourself, (wish I was that skilled!) but I would always insure for what you would have to pay someone else (restoration / body shop) to fix/build it. Better to be safe than sorry.

Insure as high as you can get it and afford......Depending on the company you can submit all receipts(if you have them) to prove the value you seek.....Remember the car itself is separate from the parts/work.....so the car value is based off the replacement cost of your original charger model....and then tack on the restoration cost to equal your desired insured amount.....

They do not nor need to know how much you bought the body for......but they will give a value for and XP/XS model......then tack on the restoration/parts cost.....so if it is well beyond the value for a restored XP charger they will ask for receipts.....At least my carrier handles it that way.....

If a true guaranteed value....insure as high as you can afford IMHO.......

I would think your on the low side, you couldn't by a nice restored charger for 50k right now, then you have to add all the money to convert to a daytona. Your car looks awsome by the way

agreed 75 to 100 and possibly higher depending on any real wing car parts, plug?? metal?? z brackets metal..latch tray metal..wing?? etc.
was thinking of putting my freshly painted 69 440-69 4speed dana with real wing, nos plug...real trim real trunk lid for sale for north of 100..maybe 115

Auto Transport Service
Back