• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Decode a 62 fender tag

Derv

Local time
6:20 AM
Reaction score
Any help would be appreciated
IMG_0232.JPG

Thanks but I cannot make much sense out of nicksgarage site

Really? Under A on your tag there is a number. You click on Nicks “A” tab and match the number. No number under the letter there is no option in the group

I think its because mine is a Lynch Road car that these do not make much sense, right off A4 is the "basic group" , my car is a top of the line so it does not seem to match. I was hoping that someone knows the codes for the Lynch road cars so I can sort out my options for example J5, L3, N1 and T1 have not found any information on what these mean. Thanks in advance

The info I have is old and not complete, but here goes.1208 IS S.P.D. Dec. 8 1962. 0002 combined with 1208 is the shipping order number. 342 is sport fury two door hardtop. TT is paint code, sandstone. 263 is vinyl buckets in a cocoa colour ? A IS 361 Four barrel. B is trans. The only info I have is that in 63 it was a 3 spd. manual. C is am radio. D unknown. T is left outside mirror manual adjust. N unknown. L is back up lights. J is heater and defroster. The top row of numbers, I am not sure about. I think they are gate numbers of some sort.I hope this helps.

Wow! That is great! I car has power steering and brakes also a suregrip rear end, are these possibly the unknown parts of the tag?

The D1 could be power steering, it is the next set of codes after trans. Lynch road was known for not putting a lot of info on fender tags. If Galen Govier is still selling his white books, you should pick one up for 1962 to 1965. Some people don't like Galen but his books are helpfull. He is not always right, just like everyone else. Does your car have a 3 speed manual?

I have his book and maybe it is an older version I was not able to get much more than the basics, My car is a push button automatic. Thanks again

Auto Transport Service
Back